Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2017, 11:22 AM   #1
King Moonracer

Question Bullet Hybrid Bunk/Canvas Seal Problem

Hey kids!

I recently bought a 2011 Bullet 200EXP Hybrid. The unit is in overall great shape and appears very well taken care of. However, I'm having an issue with the seal between the rear fold down bunk door and the canvas.

When we purchased the trailer, the seal between the fold-down bed floor and the canvas was completely separated. I thought it would be easy to re-mate them, but it's proved more difficult than I thought it would be. There's a metal channel on the fold-out floor that is supposed to mate to a plastic edge piece attached to the canvas. The plastic trim piece has a lip on it that goes into the channel and hooks over a metal fin to secure it.

After a lot of wrestling, I was able to get the plastic and metal pieces re-mated. It was especially difficult to get them secured at the corners. However, as soon as I folded up the bunk end, the plastic came un-mated again at the corners!

I can tell this has been an ongoing issue, because the previous owners tried to get the plastic trim to stay in place at the corners by shooting a bunch of silicone caulk into the nooks and crannies, hoping to immobilize everything. As the whole thing was unattached again when we bought the unit, this obviously didn't work.

Is this a common problem? Has anyone successfully fixed this? I understand that this newer attachment method makes for fewer drafts and a more complete seal than the old velcro or snap method, but this issue is kind of maddening. I've considered running a screw or two through the plastic piece into the metal channel at the corners to keep everything in place, but I'd prefer to figure out a way to fix this without drilling holes and potentially introducing a leak point, breaking the plastic edging, or screwing up the bed end door.
King Moonracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:28 AM   #2
Steve S

Welcome to the forum I had to read this twice and I think that pics would help.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:31 AM   #3
King Moonracer

Heh, yep, I realized halfway through that photos would help a lot! Unfortunately, I'm at work until noon tomorrow and can't get pics until then!
King Moonracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 06:31 AM   #4
Tbos

Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. Hope you get your issue fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:29 AM   #5
66joej

Welcome to the forum from Radium Hot Springs BC.
The idea of a few small screws at the corners might work. Although I'm not familiar with your configuration. JMO

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:58 PM   #6
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO! Glad you're here!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet