Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2017, 07:54 PM   #1
BlueknightWI

Adding Second A/C unit

Hey all,
We bought our 2015 Impact 311 without the second A/C unit. The one in the garage isn't there. The wiring is there in the ceiling. I recently purchased the same model of A/C unit from a lady who needed to get a lower profile one for her rig. Anyhow, the new one also was in a ducted RV, as mine is. Since it is still in winter storage, I haven't been able to check things out. When these RVs come pre-wired for the second A/C unit, are they basically "Plug 'N Play"? Also, will I need/want to think about adding a second thermostat out in the garage? We camp almost exclusively in WI, but when it gets hot here, it also shoots the humidity up to about 90%. This is a Coleman Mach (III?) I believe. They came from the same year RV and the serial numbers are quite close, so I think install may be fairly easy. Fairly. What other things should I do, or look into doing to make this go smoothly and work well?
BlueknightWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:06 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Adding Second A/C unit

Pre wired means the 110VAC is in place. There is probably also a bundle of wires for thermostat control. I believe Coleman still uses one thermostat for each A/C unit.

If you take the garnish ring off the garage vent, you'll be able to ID both sets of wires. Where the thermostat wires terminate (if there is any) may require a call to Keystone.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:09 AM   #3
msp2jxr

I have the 311 Impact and had the dealer installed the second AC. They did add a second thermostat in the garage near the deck door wall. Don't know if that helps you or not.

Jay
2012 Cougar 326MKS (retired)
Mor-Ryde Pin Box
2015 Super Duty F350 6.7 4x4 King Ranch
2008 Super Duty F250 6.4 Diesel 4x4 Lariat (retired)
2005 Goldwing
msp2jxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:22 AM   #4
BlueknightWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by msp2jxr View Post
I have the 311 Impact and had the dealer installed the second AC. They did add a second thermostat in the garage near the deck door wall. Don't know if that helps you or not.

Jay
Jay, If possible, could you post a picture of the location of that?
Old 02-17-2017, 08:50 AM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Is the prepped location for the 2nd AC ducted? Some are and some aren't. It may be like mine was; AC ready with the additional supports, wiring etc. but not connected to the ducts. I installed a non ducted AC in that location. If you have a ducted AC for a non ducted location that could pose a problem IMO.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:43 AM   #6
BlueknightWI

Yes, it is ducted.