Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2015, 09:00 AM   #1
kevperro

World's Dumbest spot for the thermostat

Bought a new Bullet 272BH and it is a nice rig but who the hell thought it was a good idea to put the thermostat in the upper bunk?

You have to climb the bunk ladder to read it and the kids can monkey with it all night long. Someone from Keystone needs to be kicked in the pants over that one.
kevperro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:38 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Maybe the thermostat location is a "west coast factory upgrade" ?? The pictures of the thermostat from the Goshen plant units show it located on the road side of the entertainment center.

If you do consider relocating it, remember that there is wiring that connects not only the furnace but also the air conditioner to the thermostat, so it's not a simple 2 wire system.... I agree, kids, thermostats and LED indicators aren't a "match made in heaven".....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	272 thermostat.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	9737  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:02 PM   #3
kevperro

That is where it belongs..... I have no idea why/how it would end up where the put it in mine. It is so bad that I'll pay to have it moved if I don't do it myself. It is sort of like locating the toilet in the kitchen.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:53 PM   #4
BirchyBoy

Hmmm, a toilet in the kitchen. Brilliant! Honey, hand me my wrenches!
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:33 PM   #5
1l243

I was thinking that mine which is behind the 32 inch tv was a weird place. I think the heat generated from the tv affects the thermostat making it think it warmer in the trailer than it actually is..
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:44 AM   #6
kevperro

I would live with behind the TV. Having to crawl into the top bunk to check it is beyond my limit of tolerance.

Keystone should listen to their customers. These are simple things to correct in production. Their existence is troubling in our modern manufacturing age. It suggest the lack of any ISO 9000 type of quality program.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:52 PM   #7
hankaye

Howdy All;

Always thought the "Dumbest place fro a thermostat" was just above a
heat register and inline with an A/C outlet.
Just my opinion ...

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 10:24 AM   #8
bmach

Might be correct spot.

That area might be the coolest place in the trailer. That would make it the correct place for the thermostat to read the temperature best. How often do you need to play with the tstat?
bmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:37 AM   #9
kevperro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankaye View Post
Howdy All;

Always thought the "Dumbest place fro a thermostat" was just above a
heat register and inline with an A/C outlet.
Just my opinion ...

hankaye
The cold air vent blows right on it. The curtain the pulls closed makes it into its own little micro-environment.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:43 AM   #10
kevperro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmach View Post
That area might be the coolest place in the trailer. That would make it the correct place for the thermostat to read the temperature best. How often do you need to play with the tstat?

You know I don't live in it so every time I take it out I'll have to play with it to dial-in a comfortable temp. It is also the warmest part of the trailer being on top. When you pull the curtain closed that changes the dynamics.

The bottom line with trailers is that they are not well enough insulated to hold really stable temps. Although we were out in 26 deg. F temps and it was fine. Some parts colder than others but that is what I'd expect below freezing.