Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2015, 05:20 AM   #1
hdrolling

OEM Awning LED strip light question.

My Raptor 332ts has the main 16' awning and the rear 12' awning. The LED strip on the rear is no where near as bright as the front, is this normal on everyone else's factory installed LED's strips?

I looked on Trekwood RV parts site and the price for the 16' strip is $303.05, the 12' is only $55.58. Going by the price I assume the front is just a better quality strip and is suppose to be brighter, can anyone give me a heads up so I don't have to call a dealer. I bought the camper used didn't get a chance to notice that the rear was dimmer until night time.

Thanks

Retired Army, 22yrs
hdrolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:31 AM   #2
gilpinbrewer

They are probably different types. I would go look on ebay and pick up one from there and you could swap it out for probably around $25. Look for the 5050 SMD LEDs, they are the brightest ones and make sure the strip is the waterproof style.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:40 AM   #3
hdrolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilpinbrewer View Post
They are probably different types. I would go look on ebay and pick up one from there and you could swap it out for probably around $25. Look for the 5050 SMD LEDs, they are the brightest ones and make sure the strip is the waterproof style.
Thanks I'll check it out next time I go to the camping area, the way these are molded into the awning I'm not sure after market would fit right unless I attached them over the factory flush mounted LED's?

Retired Army, 22yrs
Old 06-07-2015, 05:05 PM   #4
jim09s

I had to replace my rear led strip in the awning after most of them failed. I just pulled the old one out of the recessed strip and installed a new one which had a double sided tape to hold it in. Pretty easy. You may have to splice in the new strip for power if it doesn't have the correct connector on the end but again, pretty easy to do. Like the previous post said, SMD5050 waterproof LED's work great and you can even get them in different colors.
jim09s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:02 PM   #5
CJW8

They are the same brightness on my 332TS. Sounds like a low voltage problem to your dim set of LED's.
CJW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 06:44 AM   #6
hdrolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJW8 View Post
They are the same brightness on my 332TS. Sounds like a low voltage problem to your dim set of LED's.
Thanks, I have to get my ladder out to clean the awning's anyways so I'll look at the wires while I'm up there.

Retired Army, 22yrs