Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2014, 10:51 PM   #1
Diesel Dude

Satellite Tv in Fuzion 395

Picking up a new Fuzion 395 on Tuesday. How do I hook up a carryall Winegard dish and Direct Tv receiver up in the trailer to watch satellite in the bedroom?
Diesel Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:55 AM   #2
Fufys

We had a problem with the 2012 Kodiak and the 2013 Sierra 5th wheel that we owned in getting the sat receiver to work correctly thru the rig's wiring system. We ended up running the coax thru the living room window and sealing with a piece of rubber insulation. All the tech people said it should have worked thru the factory inputs, but it didn't. Good luck
Fufys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:38 PM   #3
Adventurider

Ours didn't work either, really upset me because it didn't make sense.

Until I realized that the Antenna amplifier was still turned on. Dumb me, quick push of the button and BAM, clear picture.
Adventurider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:45 PM   #4
Diesel Dude

Anyone have this jack in their trailer? It says satellite on one coax and tv1 on the other. What does it do? It's located in the cabinet above the master bed.
Diesel Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:11 AM   #5
tileman

I have a outlet like that in the living room tv.
The guy at the rv place said I just plug in the satellite outside into the satellite
port. Then just plug the tv into the port that's marked satellite.

I have not did it yet so I do not know how true it is.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:33 AM   #6
ctpd814

I had trouble with mine also so I started digging around. I hooked my satellite dish up to the connection outside. I then hooked my receiver up to the connection marked satellite in the bedroom. No signal was the message I received. After trying several things, I pulled the plate off of the wall. No coax to the connector marked satellite. I dug around in the wall but could not find any loose cable. I did find that this is the distribution center for all of the antenna hookups and the power booster for the coach.

I then tried the satellite hookup in the living room. This one worked. I use a Dish Network dual receiver. For tv one it uses IR to control the box. For tv two it uses RF to control the box.

I hooked the living room tv to the tv one output and I hooked the tv two output to the antenna hookup behind the living room tv. This back feeds the signal to all of the other tvs in the coach. You have to make sure the antenna power booster is off.

With this set up I can watch satellite tv at any of the tvs in the coach with out having to move the receiver around.

This is how my coach was wired. I have heard that others were different. I would pull the plate in the bedroom and see if there is a coax hooked to the satellite side or not. This will give you some idea where to start.
2 Wieners Maddie and Mollie
ctpd814 is offline   Reply With Quote