Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
lksmitty

Fuzion 390 Generator Fuel Pump

Does anyone know where the fuel pump for the Onan 5500 generator is located on the Fuzion 390? The generator cranks fine but checked the float bowl and I don't have any fuel. Fuel Tank is full. I noticed that I can no longer hear the pump priming the fuel line so I suspect I've either got a broken wire or bad pump. All my fuses check ok.
lksmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
abneynormal

under

on my 5500 it is under the generator just past the fuel filter. I don't know if there is another pump around the tank.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #3
lksmitty

I appreciate the response.....I did find the pump yesterday and it is exactly where you state....I originally thought it was the fuel filter due to its small size!

I believe this is the only fuel pump. I can only find a fuel line that comes out of the generator fuel tank at the back of the trailer. No wiring to indicate an internal fuel pump in the tank as far as I could tell.

My fuel pump below the generator is getting 12V when I close the primer switch with no response from the pump so I ordered a new one today.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
abneynormal

good

im glad you found the problem. I sharpied all the oem as well as wix and napa filter numbers on the cover of my generator. need the number I have it.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
BeaverRZR

Give it a tap with a wrench or hammer and I'll bet it starts operating. They are known to "stick" once in a while. Keep the new as a spare
Old 10-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
lksmitty

I already changed out the pump, but i'll give that a try on the old one. Thanks for the tip. New pump works great and generator now running.