Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2018, 08:41 AM   #21
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo57 View Post
Mine looked similar a few weeks ago. Luckily I found it by accident while giving someone a jump. It had only been there a few days I think. No damage and I've been checking every morning now and leaving the hood open all day along with taking the truck for a quick drive to shake things out hopefully.Attachment 17516
Looks like they ate your carbuerator!

Years ago I went out & fired up the bbq, without opening it, & in a couple minutes it began to smoke & an awful stink, turned it off, opened the lid & found they'd packed full of grass, dog food, rags & all were smoldering, DW said "throw the whole thing away & go buy another one, I'm not eating anything that comes out of that one!!".
CrazyCain, what does "Sprekin" mean? I can imagine what you actually called it!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:33 AM   #22
IHnutz

My brother had the same problem. His company car had the air cleaner and intake manifold packed full 3 times. Fortunately (for him) the company service plan payed for it - more than $1000 each time. He found a product that smelled like Coyote urine at one of the big box hardware/lumber stores and spread it on the ground around the tires. He had no more problems so long as he reapplied whenever the car was moved.
IHnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 10:17 AM   #23
Ellen

We spray our engine compartment with an anti-rodent spray from Amazon, peppermint and other smells the little b*&#*@s hate. Rodents ate the wiring on our new Toyota Tundra to the tune of about $4000. Fortunately, all but $100 covered by comprehensive insurance.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:13 PM   #24
kntrygal

Packrats do this in my area, major PIA. If hoods aren't kept open, they will invade. I finally bought rid-a-rats > https://smile.amazon.com/Packrat-Rod...ywords=ridarat <for each vehicle. No noticeable battery drain and I haven't had a problem in 1-1/2 years.
kntrygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 04:43 PM   #25
CrazyCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Looks like they ate your carbuerator!

Years ago I went out & fired up the bbq, without opening it, & in a couple minutes it began to smoke & an awful stink, turned it off, opened the lid & found they'd packed full of grass, dog food, rags & all were smoldering, DW said "throw the whole thing away & go buy another one, I'm not eating anything that comes out of that one!!".
CrazyCain, what does "Sprekin" mean? I can imagine what you actually called it!
Slang for...errrrr, i think you know.. can't speak spell German, but Sprekin z deutch? Do you speak German
Tried every thing but the snake. Nothing has worked. I think they are Zombie Red Squirrels..4 more times after the first one..

😂
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:07 PM   #26
B-O-B'03

I have this pellet gun, my son left it when he moved out.

I also use the Crosman Destroyer pellets with it, anywhere in my back yard is lethal for the bushy tailed tree rats, it will put a pellet right through them.

A family of them had chewed through the fascia of my house and setup above the guest bedroom... I waited for them to come out of the hole and popped them, one at a time.

The goal is to make them an endangered species

-Brian