Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2013, 05:45 AM   #1
avalanche trippin

Smile Hello everyone

Hi to all Avalanche owners we feel you made a great choice cause we bought one too . Most of you, if like us, bought it because you have a child or two or bring your kids friends ( that's us) camping to make the experience even more enjoyable. We bought our 2013 Avalanche 341 TG in spring of this year and have had it out four times already. We love it. Our T.V. is a 2008 GMC duramax 2500 that I have added a Banks speed brake and program tuner that really helps with towing hp and grade breaking.

We, like most, have found out almost immediately that our black and grey tanks were labelled wrong (hard to believe this issue has existed for years without resolve on Keystone's part). I use a clear elbow on my pipes when dumping so I saw at the first dump that something was not right. The only extra I wish our TG had would be that the awning was full length over both entry doors but that's about it.

We are looking forward to taking the Av on many more adventures over the next two months and fingers crossed on any warranty issues as we live in Kitchener Ontario Canada but purchased the rig in Brownstown Michigan. After speaking with Keystone prior to purchase we were assured warranty is covered in Canada; however, I have heard you get treated as low low priority because you didn't take the price beating our Canadian dealers are giving out lol. We saved an incredible $ 21 000.00 US dollars buying the unit in Michigan over our closest Canadian dealers BS price. Not to mention we are less then three hours from the Brownstown dealer and 5.5 hr from the closest Canadian dealer. Good thing I don't smoke or drink beer in Canada ( well ok maybe a little lol) cause we pay way to much for that here too.

Cheers and nice to be part of a special Avalanche group.

Rob
Avalanche Trippin
avalanche trippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
crash

to the forum from the East Coast of Virginia,Glad to have you aboard,and looking to hear more about your many many more camping trip.Keep it safe out there.
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
SAABDOCTOR

hi and to the forum. Enjoy your mountain of snow slidding down a hillThe Kids are grown up so did not need the extra sleeping space.Please don't take me seriously (no ealse does) enjoy all the great adventures travel safe.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

Rob -
First, welcome to the forum ...

Secondly, you might want to find an authorized Keystone dealer who is close by and who will do any warranty work for you should the need arise. We have heard from some members who, because they did not buy their RV from a particular dealer, had been refused service or warranty repairs from that dealer.

It seems that an authorized Keystone dealer can turn away folks who didn't buy their RV from them. Some have been refused while others have been told that yes, we will take it in but it goes to the bottom of the pile of work orders. However, there might be a move afoot on Keystone's part, to ensure that their authorized dealerships accept all warranty work - regardless of where you bought it.

My point is that don't assume that a Keystone dealer will greet you with open arms if and when you need warranty work done. Check it out and get it verified from the dealership that your unit will be serviced - just like everyone else.

Barney --- You're right. Most people don't pay any attention to you but I read very carefully every word you write.