Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 02:07 PM   #41
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishsizzle View Post
Nah I’m sorry, I just lost a family friend to lung cancer today and now sitting at the feet of one of my heros as he is suffering in the emergency room waiting for them to come and take him up for an angiogram.

I’m just bummed at what I see. So much cynicism anymore. News, and then comments on news. I’ve seen it here and I don’t get it.

What a privilege to have a place like this to come and talk with ones who have they same passion, that of being free and enjoying the open roads or great outdoors. We could go through life and never find ones that enjoy what we do. It seems like a lot of times people come here looking for help, and end up getting opinions and conjecture along with cynicism, and they never come back. How sad is it that someone humbles themselves and says “ I don’t know the answer to my problem and need help”? But that is exactly what is happening here. People are looking for help, for connections, friendship, whatever and what to they meet?

Do we consider it and honor or privilege that someone is seeking out our advise and knowledge? Or is it “here we go again with another tow question”?

I don’t know the answer I guess. Maybe I’m in a reflective mode today. But I feel what people need is a friend. They need to feel welcomed and that they are valued and belong. This site will die if ones aren’t not made to feel like family. And that would be a shame as there are so many great people here.

Sorry to all for grumpy today, I’m done for a bit.

I'm sorry for the loss and what you are going through. I know what it's like to be bummed out.

I think (hope) this site is welcoming to all. And we embrace all of our members. I don't think it is cynical to try to point someone in the right direction (yes, opinion) if you think there is an issue. Some are open to those kinds of opinions/pointers and some are not. As in the case of the lift; I don't think everyone is just saying take the lift off because we don't like it; as I said I've lifted several vehicles and I do because I like the look and they perform a function. My concern for the OP is the high center of gravity and a 10k trailer pushing it around. Hopefully the hitch can get it leveled out and take out some of the droop, and, you made some very good points about the lift. All lifts are not the same and many will give you marginal components as well as design. In the end it is the OPs right to do whatever he feels comfortable with.

Again, our thoughts are with you, I personally appreciate your post and look forward to your participation with us.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:09 PM   #42
Carrottop

Not to turn this thread into a complaint department and I certainly do not want to hijack this thread as I have zero experience with lifted trucks. There are some comments that are made that I feel cross the line. Not everyone needs or wants a 3/4 ton truck to tow with and yet that seems to be the go to answer. There are very capable 1/2 ton trucks that within limits can tow safely and enjoyably. There is one poster that constantly refers to Ford's ecoboost engines as egoboost as an example, while he may find it funny (maybe the first time) but to continue on that name calling when some may take great pride in their brand or setup is not how we would treat family or positively help those more junior than us with advice. I am sure I will get attacked for my comments but it is how I feel and I don't think I am the overly sensitive type. Overall though I have learned lots on this site and I hope I have helped just as much, if we all took that approach I think the negativity that sometimes rears its ugly head will go away.
2015 Nissan Armada 5.6
2021 Keystone Residence 40FLFT
Old 12-12-2018, 03:14 PM   #43
Msdt-99517

thanks for everyones help. Sorry for your loss bud. Yes there are always morons that don't like lift kits that say dumb chit. if I want to spend 20 grand on a lift its my business. It is a fabtech 4 link lift so its not a cheap lift. All i was asking was should i do the hitch or airbags. easy questions. And I thank everyone that chimed in with HELPFULL information. All the grumps can kick rocks.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:19 PM   #44
JRTJH
Site Team

Let's see: 50% of the US adults can't afford their meds, 25% wake up "upset and angry" every morning and the day goes downhill from there, 15% go around looking for things to complain about, 8% don't like anybody or anything.... That leaves 2%, mostly Keystone Forum members that get along, enjoy the comradery and let most of the "opinons" roll off (like water off a duck's back)... If someone is looking to be pissed, there's probably something in almost every post on the forum that can be interpreted/mis-interpreted to get you there, but with a bit of "so what", tends to become insignificant....

That said, I think we all can benefit from reading a post two times. Once to get the information it contains, then a second time to "look for insults or things that put us in the group described in the first sentence.... Since most of us won't read the post the second time, objective accomplished....

I think the most "seldom used words" in the English language are, "So what"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 12-12-2018, 04:51 PM   #45
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msdt-99517 View Post
thanks for everyones help. Sorry for your loss bud. Yes there are always morons that don't like lift kits that say dumb chit. if I want to spend 20 grand on a lift its my business. It is a fabtech 4 link lift so its not a cheap lift. All i was asking was should i do the hitch or airbags. easy questions. And I thank everyone that chimed in with HELPFULL information. All the grumps can kick rocks.

Joe, I guess I'm one of those that kind of "wades in".

Some say the forum members need to be "welcoming" to new members. They/we try in most cases as long as I've been a member. We should not, as best I can tell by the previous comments, never, ever tell someone they have a rig we think is dangerous....that's cynical or driving folks from the forum. I disagree.

The post above says that anyone that doesn't "like" a lift is a moron and says dumb chit if they try to point out their weaknesses in a towing environment. You say you simply asked if you should just use a wdh or air bags to fix the terrible situation you are in. Most tried to tell you neither was going to fix what you have on their own and make you safe. That's what we do. You didn't like that. It would be derelict of me or anyone else to say "hey, throw that equalizer on there and that mega drop you have at the back (from the apparent soft suspension) is going to go away and you will be good to go". I personally refuse to apologize for worrying about you and yours safety and trying to point out alternatives....in a professional, polite way. If that makes me/us a moron...oh, well.

And, BTW, a 20k fabtech lift??? I'm worried someone skimmed you by about 15-17k.

Hope you find a solution to your problem but don't blame folks trying to help you trying to solve a problem you created. JMO
Old 12-12-2018, 06:46 PM   #46
Fishsizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msdt-99517 View Post
sold........................
????? What’s up?
Old 12-12-2018, 07:06 PM   #47
Fishsizzle

So I’m my case, I was looking for info on batteries and inverters in the tech section. And all sudden I get the “your truck can’t tow that” “your trailer is to heavy”

I never asked about my truck or trailer, but got an earful anyway, awhile I did learn from it, it was the wrong approach.

My gripe is that we just seem to pile on what’s wrong. I guess maybe it’s the nature of this site, always a problem to be fixed with a bunch of insight on what to do.

I’ll let it go as advised.
2020 F350 Crew DRW 6.7, 4x4, 10 sod auto, 4:10 gears
Old 12-12-2018, 07:10 PM   #48
JRTJH
Site Team

Due to negative personal attacks, this thread is closed.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Closed Thread