Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
Loriv247

Considering buying a Waverunner, will it fit?

Hi There,

Considering buying a Waverunner or two. I want to put it in our TH, but the question is, will it/they fit in my 12ft garage and how am I going to load and unload them? Anyone ever done this or seen someone else's setup? I have heard of installing a harbor freight 12 volt winch in the TH and using that to pull up the them up and lower them down. I'm just wondering if that will put too much stress on the floor? My only other option is for my husband and I to drive separate with me towing the skis and he the TH. Just hunting for creative solutions
Old 05-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
BeaverRZR

We have put a single PWC trailer in a 12ft garage before. We strapped a small electric winch to one of the front tiedowns and winched the trailer up in. Worked great.
If your PWC trailer is less than 12ft you should be fine
Old 05-29-2013, 12:02 PM   #3
Loriv247

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverRZR View Post
We have put a single PWC trailer in a 12ft garage before. We strapped a small electric winch to one of the front tiedowns and winched the trailer up in. Worked great.
If your PWC trailer is less than 12ft you should be fine
Sweet! Good to hear. Thanks for feedback!
Old 05-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
howdy
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriv247 View Post
Hi There,

Considering buying a Waverunner or two. I want to put it in our TH, but the question is, will it/they fit in my 12ft garage and how am I going to load and unload them?
One thing to remember with the 342 is that the garage isn't 12' all the way across. Part of the garage where the pantry comes in and the cabinets are mounted is only a bit over 10.5 feet. So when you measure make sure the longest part is not going to be wider than that section of the garage that is actually 12'.
howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:08 PM   #5
Loriv247

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post
One thing to remember with the 342 is that the garage isn't 12' all the way across. Part of the garage where the pantry comes in and the cabinets are mounted is only a bit over 10.5 feet. So when you measure make sure the longest part is not going to be wider than that section of the garage that is actually 12'.
Good point. I didn't think about the cabinets. I may have to have my buddy who is a metal fabricator make me a custom trailer where the skis are staggered. Hmmm
Old 05-29-2013, 02:16 PM   #6
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Hi There,

Considering buying a Waverunner or two. I want to put it in our TH, but the question is, will it/they fit in my 12ft garage ...
Two will probably NOT fit in your garage.... Depending on age of ski (presuming new), they are too wide.

My two, on my 2-ski trailer, are nearly the full 102" wide. 48" each is 96" and they do not touch of course.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #7
Loriv247

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAD View Post
Two will probably NOT fit in your garage.... Depending on age of ski (presuming new), they are too wide.

My two, on my 2-ski trailer, are nearly the full 102" wide. 48" each is 96" and they do not touch of course.
As I typed my last response a sudden idea popped in my head. Since we will only be riding the skis at the same location every summer, perhaps I can just store them in AZ and once camped and unhitched, we can go pick em' up! Problem solved. Thanks for the response!
Old 05-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #8
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
As I typed my last response a sudden idea popped in my head. Since we will only be riding the skis at the same location every summer, perhaps I can just store them in AZ and once camped and unhitched, we can go pick em' up! Problem solved. Thanks for the response!
I don't know about your tow rig capabilities, but I have pulled my two skis tandem behind my fifth wheel for quite some time with excellent results. It's not for everyone, but worth researching.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #9
Loriv247

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAD View Post
I don't know about your tow rig capabilities, but I have pulled my two skis tandem behind my fifth wheel for quite some time with excellent results. It's not for everyone, but worth researching.
I wish that were legal in my state of CA, but sadly not
Old 05-29-2013, 07:24 PM   #10
howdy
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
I wish that were legal in my state of CA, but sadly not
You can double tow in CA. The trick is you have to stay under 65' total length and possess the correct license.
howdy is offline   Reply With Quote