Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
Western Traveler

In for a penny...1/2Ton Cougar 21RDSWE

After taking a tent trip through Nevada, Utah, Wyoming and Yellowstone on up to our home on the Rocky Mountain Front Montana last summer my Dear Bride and I decided we were pretty much done with sleeping on the ground. She had sworn off tent camping in Glacier National Park a couple years ago after a grizzly visited the campground the week we were there. It was inevitable.
I wanted as close to a 4 season TT as I could get in a "nice" small package to tow with our F150 5.4 Triton.
First look was a ½ Ton Series Cougar 19RBEWE but it was darn pricey at the local Montana dealer.
Then Arctic Fox which was too heavy for our TV.
Next Nash, Wood framed, maybe ok but I wanted aluminum frame as we travel a lot of two tracks and felt it would serve us better even though they claim it is an off-road package.
I also looked hard at Lance (not as long a builder in the TT arena and dealers we shopped simply would not come off their price). After looking at the 19RBEWE long and hard we ended up ordering a 2014 21RBSWE for a price less than the 2013 19RBE we had originally chosen, at an RV show in California. I am anxiously awaiting delivery in about a month (in Arizona).
I feel like a kid at Christmas.
Past camping rigs include a 69 VW Bus, 1972 Econoline Van, a 1975 Winnebago Brave, 1978 Chevy 2500 w/ 9’ camper, a 19’ Prowler and a
32 ‘ Ideal TT (permanently parked) and always present between those rigs the trusty tent.
Western Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
tileman

Hi and welcome to the site.

It only took one real (to us here in Fl.) cold trip for the wife and kids to want a trailer
Old 11-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

While you're waiting for your early Christmas present to arrive, make yourself at home on the forum and do some reading. I'm sure you'll find something of interest as you browse through the myriad of topics and threads.

Welcome to the forum and hope that when your new toy arrives you and your family will enjoy its comforts and many miles of safe, trouble-free travels.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
buzzcop63

Welcome to the Forum, you will find a lot of information pertaining to your trailer and truck set up. This Forum makes for good reading, lots of good ideas and a place to ask questions and share your knowledge. My 2012 24RKSWE Cougar has proven to be a very comfortable TT for two. Your trailer and mine max out at the same weight and I find my 4.6 Tundra to be a very willing tow vehicle and good day-to-day drive. You should find your set up to be a good combination.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #5
Western Traveler

Thanks for the welcome folks. I have gleaned quite a bit of info from the forum already…
@Buzzcop,
Great to hear your TV handles your rig well. I think mine will too.
I added a K&N cold Air Intake and 3” Magna flow Cat-back and it was a very noticeable performance change.
Interested in knowing what you are using for a WD hitch.
I have a Reese straight-line dual Cam. I have been told it is a bit more than I need but I travel the I-15 corridor through Montana, Idaho and Utah a bit and it is a constant flow on big rigs. Figured it wouldn’t hurt.
Western Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #6
Andymon

I've had two Westy's and miss them both. Traveled all over the US and have very fond memories.

08 Springdale 266RLSS
99 F250 PS 7.3 Diesel
Medford, OR
Andymon is offline   Reply With Quote