Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2018, 06:15 PM   #41
Harleydodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve/ View Post
I think I saw somewhere that a Bicycle would be nice, It looks like it is a Prohibited Item, Is there a place at the admission gates to lock up a Bicycle.
Or is the Campground inside the admission gate?

Here is a copy of Prohibited Items.

Prohibited Items
Save yourself time and hassle by leaving the following items at home, in your car or at your campsite, as these items will not be allowed through the admission gates:

Coolers larger than 12 x 18 inches
Beer, wine, liquor or any other alcoholic beverage
Firearms, fireworks and explosives
Knives with a blade length of more than 4 inches
Pets, other than service animals
Bicycles, roller skates, roller blades, skateboards, “Razor” style boards, Segway personal transports, or any other self-propelled device (except that the following are allowed: a. One person electric/handicapped convenience vehicles; and b. Other Personal Disability Mobility Devices, such as Segways, when required because of the individual’s mobility disability and when operated in a safe manner, consistent with 28 C.F.R. 36.311(b)(1).).
Oversized backpacks

From the general camping guidelines mentioned above:

Personal Transportation
  • Do not operate any unlicensed motorized vehicles including motorbikes, motor scooters, or motorcycles.
  • No roller-skating, skateboarding or rollerblading or hoverboards are allowed.
  • A driver’s license is required to drive any type of vehicle in Camp Scholler.
  • Bicycles and personal transportation devices, such as Segways, are allowed in Camp Scholler only (except that the following are allowed everywhere on the EAA grounds: a. One person electric/handicapped convenience vehicles; and b. Other Personal Disability Mobility Devices, such as Segways, when required because of the individual’s mobility disability and when operated in a safe manner, consistent with 28 C.F.R. 36.311(b)(1).).
  • Bicycle corrals are located in three locations: Theater in the Woods (near the East Gate), Bus Park, and North 40 Gate

2013 Raptor 310ts Toy Hauler
2017 Dodge Ram 6.7l CTD DRW Laramie Longhorn
2008 FLHTC Harley.

Harleydodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:20 PM   #42
Steve/

Thank you. That was more information then I found.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:09 PM   #43
FlyingAroundRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve/ View Post
I think I saw somewhere that a Bicycle would be nice, It looks like it is a Prohibited Item, Is there a place at the admission gates to lock up a Bicycle.
Or is the Campground inside the admission gate?

Here is a copy of Prohibited Items.

Prohibited Items
Save yourself time and hassle by leaving the following items at home, in your car or at your campsite, as these items will not be allowed through the admission gates:

Coolers larger than 12 x 18 inches
Beer, wine, liquor or any other alcoholic beverage
Firearms, fireworks and explosives
Knives with a blade length of more than 4 inches
Pets, other than service animals
Bicycles, roller skates, roller blades, skateboards, “Razor” style boards, Segway personal transports, or any other self-propelled device (except that the following are allowed: a. One person electric/handicapped convenience vehicles; and b. Other Personal Disability Mobility Devices, such as Segways, when required because of the individual’s mobility disability and when operated in a safe manner, consistent with 28 C.F.R. 36.311(b)(1).).
Oversized backpacks
That is a bit misleading.
Bicycles and other small transports are positively (nearly) essential. They aren't allowed in the show area, but are really useful for getting between the campgrounds and the show area. They do provide bike racks where you can lock your bike when entering the show area. Alternately, you can lock it to the chain link fence outside the show entrance (on the side entrances anyway, maybe not the main front entrance.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:06 AM   #44
Harleydodge

Update:

We now plan on attending definitely!
Just booked into Camp Scholler drive in camping and will arrive the 20th of July!
Looking forward to it!

2008 FLHTC Harley.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:53 AM   #45
FlyingAroundRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydodge View Post
Update:

We now plan on attending definitely!
Just booked into Camp Scholler drive in camping and will arrive the 20th of July!
Looking forward to it!
CU There! We will likely be in 101 woods from about a week before the show starts. Look for our keystone rv forums sticker (on the trailer tongue) and drop in and say "hi".
2018 Outback 272UFL

Old 01-22-2019, 01:21 PM   #46
Harleydodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingAroundRV View Post
CU There! We will likely be in 101 woods from about a week before the show starts. Look for our keystone rv forums sticker (on the trailer tongue) and drop in and say "hi".
Will do! Look forward to it!

2008 FLHTC Harley.

Old 03-28-2019, 09:40 AM   #47
crk112

I'm thinking about AirVenture this year. I haven't been there in YEARS and I've never spent the night. Always was a day trip in the plane with one of the EAA members in the family. This year would be my first as an EAA member myself.

Looking at Camp Scholler here, with regards to improved sites (with electric and water);
https://www.eaa.org/airventure/plan-...ater-campsites

The page says (among other things).. "[improved sites] are available ... on a first-paid, first-served basis." ... "To secure your improved site in advance, please register using [the online system]". Then later on the same page "No reservations for improved sites are taken.".

I'm not yet an EAA member so I don't yet have access to the registration site (dare I call it a "reservation" system? ).

Do they just mean I can secure "a camping spot" by paying now but that I can't reserve "a specific camping spot" ?
"The Cabin v2" 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
Fastway e2 round bar WDH
crk112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 12:36 PM   #48
FlyingAroundRV

Hi crk:
Both statements are actually correct!
They take reservations for the "improved" sites because they are limited. They don't take reservations for the rest. You need to register and pay to camp there, and for uninproved sites, it is first in first served. We will be arriving about a week before the show starts. We hope to get a site in 101 woods. Look for our Outback 272UFL with a forums sticker on the drawbar. Come and knock on the door and say "G'day". We will usually be in and around the show during most daylight hours, but usually back after dark, except if there is something good showing at the movies or someone good on at the concert.
CU there!
2018 Outback 272UFL

Old 03-29-2019, 06:10 AM   #49
crk112

Hi Scott thanks for the info! I think it's starting to make more sense... sounds like the bottom line is I simply need to register and pay now and not worry about getting a specific spot. I can do that!

Is it a necessity to arrive early? Is it possible to arrive, say, on Thursday the 25th and leave Sunday?
"The Cabin v2" 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
Fastway e2 round bar WDH
crk112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 11:24 AM   #50
FlyingAroundRV

I think it's useful to arrive early, but that's just me. A LOT of people camp there and if you look on Google Earth and look through the archived images to see what the place looks like when the show is on ! ...
We will be arriving around a week before the show. The campground is a seperate entity to the airshow and I think the campground is open all year round...i think.
BUT, unless you like waiting in long lines, do not arrive on the Sunday before the show!
2018 Outback 272UFL

Tags
vent