Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 07:35 AM   #41
joestaz

Here at Twin Falls/Jerome KOA. Dusty. Don't take full pull thru # 13. Needed 3 2x8's to try to get level on curb side and still not level..Owners not at all helpful,
Retired
Old 09-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #42
stormy2000

rating system?

great idea! wife and I just got our new TT and are going full-time. what is the rating system based on? we are brand new to full time and campgrounds, any info will help thank you much : )

bill & jodi
Old 09-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #43
Festus2
Site Team

This thread was started a while back for members who visited KOA parks and the rating system suggested by the OP was on a scale of 1 to 5. The ratings in this thread are for KOA parks only.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:10 AM   #44
mikell

If your fulltiming you will probably not be staying at KOA they are a bit priecy
Old 09-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #45
Murray0512

Are any of you KOA Kamp workers ? Trying to get ready for full time and have heard of this program have met one couple who has done it . I know I need to stay out of my wife's space a few hours a day maybe this would work
Old 09-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #46
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray0512 View Post
Are any of you KOA Kamp workers ? Trying to get ready for full time and have heard of this program have met one couple who has done it . I know I need to stay out of my wife's space a few hours a day maybe this would work
I agree, "A woman's place is in the home ... and she should be there right after work!" .... I can feel it coming! Sorry ladies but the devil made me do it. I wonder how that sofa bed works?????
Old 09-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #47
Festus2
Site Team

Hankpage -
Sofa bed? I'm afraid you are overly optimistic! You'd better check out the recent posts about Mods and Upgrades for those who have pets. I think there is something in there about a crate. Now that you've made your bed, lie down on it.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #48
stormy2000

koa campground

when we lived in manchester tn, there is a koa campground there, as we talked to a couple there and the husband was doing maint jobs and in return got their site and services free.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #49
Ritasranch

Angry Pricey at best

We don't stay at KOA. They are pricey and sometimes rundown.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:59 AM   #50
mikell

Bad review for the Coloma MI KOA. It seems the grumpy guy working there filled someones propane tank tried to charge them double then told them he couldn't re lite their pilot lights but he could call some who could for $45. The woman camper nearly cried. She wanted to park next to the restrooms because her husband had a hard time walking and the guy put them at the far end. Wanted to use the laundry and the guy wouldn't unlock it. Finally she called us and tried to get her money back but was refused. Her husband was able to tell here the pilots are automatic and she went ballistic on the guy and is not going to back down till he's fired. She has a lot of money and connections. Retired Super for Michigans most affluent school distric. They spent 2 nights with us traveling between their summer home on an island in NY and their winter home in Colorado somewhere.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #51
Jim W

We just stayed at a great KOA for one night in Cartersville TN. Cost is about $35.00 for full-hooh ups with pull thru site. The owner notice I had several thounsand KOA points and asked if I wanted to use some of them for the night, ended up costing only $9.00. I now know what the points are for.

I would rate this KOA a 5 out of 5 for a one night stop.

I tend to use KOA's for traveling to and from vacation camp sites since I know they will be easy in and out sites and not far off the intersate road system.

Jim W.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #52
dakingsella

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic1hael View Post
In my opinion the KOA in Astoria, Oregon is the best KOA my family and I have stayed at. Some sites are paved while other sites are secluded and there is plenty to do for the whole family including a wonderful pancake breakfast. If you're ever in oregon this is the KOA to stay at. Plus your only minutes away from the coast.
We have stayed at the KOA in Astoria (Warrenton) several times and I'd agree it is the best one we've stayed in. I'd give it a 5!

On our last trip we stayed in KOA parks in Waldport, OR and Bandon, OR. We stayed a week in each of the two parks.

I'd only give the park in Bandon a 4, because it is limited in some of the facilities that are available in Astoria, but it has level, roomy sites and easy access. It is a small park but is very woodsy. The owner seems to be the jack-of-all-trades. He works behind the counter and handles the care and maintenance. We were there after the vacation season (September) so he might have some additional help during the busy season. He is very friendly and does of good job of keeping the park in good condition. We are planning another trip to Bandon next year. We enjoyed the KOA and there are a lot of activities in the area. Bandon is one of the most fun towns on the Oregon Coast!

I'd give the park at Waldport a 3+. It is smaller than Astoria but larger than Bandon, with limited services, spaces are smaller and not as roomy, you are closer to your neighbors. The staff is friendly and they do have a store and playground facilities if you are traveling with kids. I may be more harsh on the Waldport KOA because we found there was not nearly as much to do in the area than we had expected. The town of Waldport isn't much of a tourist town and you have to drive some distance to get to the activities we enjoy. We would defiantly stay there for an overnight if passing through but would not plan an extend stay.

One final note, the Astoria KOA is a little pricey, at $50+ in the summer but offers a 25% discount to active duty and retired military which makes it more affordable if you are eligible for the discount.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:48 AM   #53
AnnaK

We usually stay at SPs but will overnight at a KOA when we have to do laundry. It's convenient.

Gaylord, MI KOA: 5
Very clean restroom and shower facilities; spacious, level sites; paved interior roads; fenced dog areas; friendly staff; overall clean CG. Camped there Oct. 2012, paid $35, hooked up to water and electric.

Port Huron, MI KOA: 5
Very clean and well maintained; paved, level pads and roads; fenced dog areas. Camped there Oct. 2011, paid $40 (water and electric).

Salem/Lisbon, OH KOA: 0
This was described as a "new" KOA and they are doing some site development but the section we were shown to was old and tired. Occupied by seasonals and transient workers. We were wedged between a permanently occupied 'kabin' and a metal storage shed belonging to a skirted seasonal TT. The roads are gravel with deep pot holes, sites are grass and not level.
The toilet stalls (2 each in the men's and women's) are so small that they used plastic accordion doors so when you sit down your knees push the door outward. Looked at the shower, decided there's no way I could use it. Ugh!
The garbage dumpster was overflowing; the area outside the restrooms was littered with soggy cardboard boxes, some empty, some containing trash.
We stayed there Oct. 2012, paid $32. Never again!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #54
curlyfungirl

The Ely Nevada KOA is very clean and have roomy sites. There are not any activities for young children. This is mostly a place to stay for a good nights sleep and then hit the road again. The staff is very helpful and nice. The laundry room is very clean and the machines are efficient. I have not checked out the restroom. For a quick place to rest your head I would rate this place a five. I would not recommend it for families with children as they do not have activities or a pool.
Superlow Sportster
Heritage Softail Springer
2009-2012 VRI
Old 11-29-2012, 04:34 AM   #55
crash

Williamsburg koa in Va.(4) is nice and friendly staff really close to historic williamsburg,water country usa ,bush gardens and Va beach.Harpers Ferry W Va koa is not big rig friendly but a nice place(3.5)Myrtle Beach SC(4)is a great place lots to due ,friendly staff and close to everything.Hatteras koa (5)great place right on the ocean friendly staff.Just to name a few.
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
Old 12-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #56
CCFROMFL

Made a 4 month trip out west (Seattle) was not overly impressed with KOA campgounds (over priced) for what you get.

Would use KOA in the future only for overnight stop if nothing else available.
2013 Ford F250
"Our Cause was Just"
Old 03-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #57
GMSIMS

We stayed at the Kingsland, GA KOA on the way down to Florida to visit family. I would give it a 5 since the DW said the bathrooms were the cleanest she ever saw and heated (it was around Thanksgiving when we passed through). They also had free waffles and coffee in the morning.

-Greg-
Old 05-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #58
lightning79

I've stayed in the Hinton, AB KOA for about two weeks, one at a time. Really great owners, very clean, well-maintained. I just wish it had trees, it's wide open and can get quite hot.

Call them a 4, only because of no trees.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:26 AM   #59
AnnaK

Allentown, PA KOA
The location is sometimes also referred to as New Tripoli KOA

4 stars for friendly and helpful staff, spotless bathrooms/showers which were heated, quiet location.

I deducted 1 star for the size of the sites in the 3-way hookup section. It looked very tight there.

Cable and WiFi at all sites. Children's activities. A small creek runs through it. Pet friendly.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:31 AM   #60
Dhuhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFROMFL View Post
Made a 4 month trip out west (Seattle) was not overly impressed with KOA campgounds (over priced) for what you get.

Would use KOA in the future only for overnight stop if nothing else available.
This one like you said good for overnight, it's actually south of Seattle in the warehouse district.

Leavenworth WA. KOA very nice well maintained and great atmosphere. Defiantly recommend this one.give it a 5

2016 Montana 3720RL
2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Duromax :

previous
2012 Montana High Country 313RE
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duromax
2010 Palimino Bronco
2005 Chevy Silverado CC 1500
Closed Thread