Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2019, 01:24 PM   #21
LHaven

I would never rent out my RV in a tow-away situation. But what I will happily do is rent it out as lodging in place. We have a separate home on our property that we offer as a vacation rental. When demand is high and the rental is already reserved, we will suggest to singles or couples that we have a very nice, modern, comfortable travel trailer that they could rent instead, for considerably less. The bulk of our business consists of retirees/snowbirds, and we find them generally to be neat and considerate. Other than handling the black tank, it's no more trouble than renting out the house.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:54 AM   #22
BSHGTO

??????

Yikes......I own several houses that I rent out. After seeing what happens when you rent to a bad customer that seems perfectly normal and checks out at onset it ain`t going to happen. Maybe if your never going to use it yourself but if you are I would not.
Next time your at a mega campground that has rental units on site go talk to the cleaning people about what they find after a customer leaves. You`ll change your mind. Remember when you rent you loose control of what they can do with the unit if you think not read up on Landlord -- Tenant issues and laws. It will be the same.
BSHGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 05:54 AM   #23
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSHGTO View Post
Yikes......I own several houses that I rent out. After seeing what happens when you rent to a bad customer that seems perfectly normal and checks out at onset it ain`t going to happen. Maybe if your never going to use it yourself but if you are I would not.
Next time your at a mega campground that has rental units on site go talk to the cleaning people about what they find after a customer leaves. You`ll change your mind. Remember when you rent you loose control of what they can do with the unit if you think not read up on Landlord -- Tenant issues and laws. It will be the same.
^ Agree. We are in BC and have a condo that we rent out. They just revised the Tenant/Landlord act in the province. It leans so far in favour of the tenant we are selling whenever we can get this current tenant out. YMMV

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 02:35 PM   #24
LHaven

In my state, rentals under 30 days operate under hotel law, not landlord law. I take care to stay inside this limit just in case. And, as I said, the market down here tends to comprise well-off retirees almost exclusively, so it has worked out very well for us for almost 20 years.