Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2019, 01:56 PM   #21
Roscommon48

so many variables.

not sure what you mean by 'safe,' but everyone I've ever stayed at I'd consider safe. You just have to be aware of where you are...just like everywhere else.

Just go out there and try them out, I've never been to a really loud rv park, they all, for the most part, have quiet times.

enjoy your exploration.
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 04:58 PM   #22
johnlewis

We use campgroundreviews.com. It provides reviews of all types of campgrounds, including privately owned parks, state parks, federal parks, county parks and city parks. They list services available, if they are big rig friendly, and the reviews will tell you something about how well quiet is maintained at night. Our experiences have been very consistent with reviews. KOA's usually get good ratings at this site, but they tend to be more expensive, since many have pools, recreation centers, and other amenities for children. Since there are just the two of us, no children, we don't see a need to pay more for these amenities.
johnlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:21 AM   #23
newemptynester

We mainly camp at the Michigan State Campgrounds. I have never had a problem with unruly people. The State Police do patrol the campgrounds and I have watched them remove people that do not abide by the rules. I am not a fan of all KOA's. I know of 2 that are not even up to standards set by KOA and we have complained about them but have never heard anything from the franchise. We have stayed at several Jellystone Campgrounds and found them to be nice, but commercial. My suggestion is do your homework and read reviews and everyone here always have great suggestions.
2013 Laredo 29RKS

newemptynester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:00 AM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

I think a "Great Campground" is one that has what "YOU" are looking for.

That said, someone who wants tranquility and quiet looks for one type campground, someone who wants activities for their children looks for another type campground, someone who enjoys motorsports (cycles and ATV's) looks for a different type campground while someone who is seeking social group activities looks for an entirely different campground than someone who is seeking to "get away from people"....

All that to say that there's no "ideal campground" for everyone, so what you're looking for is defined by your needs and what someone else considers "absolutely the best" may well be on your "never return" list.....

Some campgrounds try to cater to more than one group, but it's nearly impossible to "be the best" at everything. I know people who insist campgrounds be "dog friendly" to meet their requirements while other people complain, "Every time I go for a walk, I've got to avoid stepping in "doggie doo"..... Some want and enjoy children running and playing with new children and expect kids on bicycles and with balls to be playing in the streets. Others complain that they couldn't get any rest during their camping trip until after "all those noisy kids went to bed"....

So, "A Great Campground" is what YOU are looking for. Keep searching, as you read reviews from other posts, make notes of those campground that "peak your interests" and if you're in that area, go take a look and see if that campground meets with YOUR expectations... Some will, some won't.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:39 AM   #25
LaTundra

State Parks

I have found KOAs great for one-nighters while traveling. Close to the highway, pull in, spend the night, then off again in the a.m. However, for final destinations, I prefer State Parks. Normally, they are roomier, quieter, more shade,,etc. They also have more rules, like no 4 wheelers, no golf carts, no loud noise after hours, no unsupervised kids running around. There is usually a guard patrolling. There are a few RV and camping apps that will give you info, reviews, directions, phone numbers,,,. Just enter the town, and up pops maps with campgrounds.
LaTundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:10 AM   #26
newemptynester

Well said JRTJH. We do go exploring when we are camping. We drive through campgrounds that we have never camped at and see if it is a campground we may try next time around.
2013 Laredo 29RKS

newemptynester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:52 PM   #27
Nitehawk

Allstays App.does not work on google??
Nitehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:31 PM   #28
LaTundra

I had all stays for years. When I switched phones, I tried to download all stays on my new Android. That's when I got the message "all stays only works on iPhones". There are other apps, but they are not as good.
1 very sweet Dear Wife
3 mean cats and a one-eyed dawg.

Previous campers/tow vehicles:
73 Apache Mesa hard side popup/74 Chevy Nova 350 cid 3sp m
96 Coleman Shenandoah popup/91 Toyota Extended cab 2.4l 5sp m
04 KZ Frontier 2101QSF/00 Toyota Tundra 4.7l 4sp a
LaTundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 05:23 AM   #29
duh1

Woodall guide, love allstays app and Google t.v. Parks near xxx. Works well. Overnighting vs a longer stay determines what we are will to put up with.
duh1 is offline   Reply With Quote