Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2019, 10:51 AM   #1
flipazn

Grand Canyon Campground

I just got back from a 3 night stay at Ten-X campground in Tusayan, about 5 minutes from the south entrance to Grand Canyon National Park. The sites are huge and spread out and for $10/night they are a steal. Half the sites are reservable online at recreation.gov and the other half are first come first serve. We decided to go last minute for Memorial Day weekend, so all the reservable sites at both Mather Campground and Ten-X were already booked for our window. When we arrived on Friday morning around 11am there were only three spots left, but we were lucky and were able to grab a huge site that backed into the forest so there was nobody behind us and our neighbors on each side were literally 30 yards away. Ten-X is definitely a great option if all the sites at Mather Campground are reserved and you still want to stay near the main parts of the South Rim. I'm attaching a couple of shots of our site at Ten-X, a buck that visited our neighbor's site, as well as one of my favorite shots I took at Navajo point.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8368 2.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	458.5 KB
ID:	21972   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8365 2.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	21973   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6086.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	304.6 KB
ID:	21975   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6039.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	21976  

2014 Keystone Hideout 24BHWE
2015 F150 XLT 3.5L ecoboost
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
Air Lift Ride Control Airbags
flipazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:04 AM   #2
Logan X

That looks like a great site! We were there last year, we stayed at Mather Campground. The Grand Canyon was beautiful and is a must see. Thanks for sharing.
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground