Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2019, 03:57 PM   #21
Canonman

Lots of old mines in the area around the San Juans as well as ghost towns. I'd recommend heading over to Crede as well. It's not a ghost town but lots of history. Here's a website that might give you more ideas: https://www.uncovercolorado.com/ghost-towns/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MGL6604.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	389.1 KB
ID:	24131   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MGL6840.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	388.7 KB
ID:	24132   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5090.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	24133  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:56 PM   #22
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by td1837 View Post
Anyone take there TW to any ghost towns in area on 4x4 roads? I live in Colorado Springs and have just started to explore CO and all the wonderful places to camp with my 5er.

The San Juans are chock full of FUN. In days past I would never tell folks about them because I didn't want people there....sort of like the folks in some of the mountain towns. Now, as I age I can't go as much, do as much or get as far back in as I used to so it's time to share....a little.

Don't know how or where you want to camp but you are covered. I like SCentral and SW CO. Spent a lot of time further north but there are just SO many people anymore....and they are changing from the country type folks that used to be there.

Do your research on Ouray, Silverton, Creede, Lake City, Telluride, Ophir and the rest of the little towns in that area. Lots of history. Lots to see. LOTS of 4 wheel trails. Lots of absolutely beautiful back country 4x4 trails that can be pretty gentle or get as "suck it up" as you want to get (in a capable 4x4).
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote