Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2017, 06:26 PM   #1
DorothynJon

Cold Mountain Package on Hideout

I've looked in the brochure and online but haven't been able to find the information...what I'm trying to figure out is what constitutes the "cold mountain package" on my 2017 Hideout 299RLDS? Thanks in advance!

Retired Army
DorothynJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 06:44 PM   #2
mtofell

A piece of marketing that looks good but does basically nothing

Really, it's 98% fluff/marketing and probably means they started putting rubber gaskets around the pipe penetrations in the walls.... or something minimal like that.

RV manufacturers are masters of making virtually insignificant things sound like major advancements in the technology.

I own a 2016 Hideout and can promise you it's no energy efficiency marvel. To be fair, no RV is really great from a heat loss/entry standpoint. There just isn't enough room for much insulation.
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 06:46 PM   #3
DorothynJon

Got it...thanks. That's kind of what I figured since it's never explained anywhere!

Retired Army
DorothynJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 07:17 PM   #4
busterbrown

MTOFELL has spelled it out nicely. Your "Cold Mountain" package is relatively the same as a "Polar", "Arctic", or "Thermal" package from different brands and manufacturers. I think it would be better suited to claim a more appropriate "extended season" package.

The little things that RV makers do include with these packages are the common "heated and enclosed underbelly", heated tanks, and heated forced air ducted into the underbelly. Some premium models will offer dual pane windows and higher R-values (thicker insulated walls and floors) internally. But in reality, it's an weight-rated RV, not an unrestricted S&B structure.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hideout