Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2017, 12:51 PM   #1
Dave W

TV A-B switch

OK,for the third season I've been jury rigging for cable when we travel. At our usual seasonal, there is no cable, only antenna for 2-3 network and 8-10 Vermont Public TV which is mostly terrible. We watch movies. And since I am afflicted with CRS, forget the cable situation until we are miles from home

OK, looking at the arrangement, it appears that someone Keystone!!) has put a jumper on the two leads, cable and antenna. Antenna works, cable - I can bring the wire in the window, disconnect one side of the jumper, hook up the cable, download the channels and we have ..... and we have cable.

We have had an RV for years and every one has had an A-B switch and, usually, an amplifier of some sort. Did Keystone invent something new or .....? I'm about to buy an A_B switch as well as a signal amplifier but before I do, am I missing something. No, it is not hidden away in a cupboard, cabinet or under a counter or even behind the fireplace. I've looked
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 03:51 PM   #2
DWBinRI

On my 337FLS the amplifier and power switch is behind the TV

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nighthorse - 2020 F-450 CC DRW 6.7
Hitchhiker - 2020 Cougar 367FLS
DWBinRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 03:24 AM   #3
Dave W

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWBinRI View Post
On my 337FLS the amplifier and power switch is behind the TV

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
If only .... I even pulled the fireplace in the bottom part of the cabinet just to see if someone was just too lazy at the factory to mount them plus try to follow the wiring. Not a big deal, just a PITA in a CG with cable

Update: I found the booster/switch. It's about as far away from the main, LR TV as possible and still stay inside of the 5er. If I hadn't found it, would never believe that Keystone could have even have considered putting it in the washer dryer closet, in the furthest corner of the nose cap on the ceiling next to a 120VAC outlet which would be used for their power as well as the power for the bedroom 12VDC TV transformer. So much for convenience of design :-{

(No, we don't have a washer/dryer either, just the closet with shelves)
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote