Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2014, 07:20 AM   #1
wbatto

Stryo Foam coming from air conditioner duct

Hello all,
Yesterday being very nice, the Wife and I decided to clean and get our 381 Fuzion ready for camping season. To make a long story short we turned on the air conditioning to make sure it worked and small pieces of stryo foam came out of the duct work and went all over the place. There was also small pieces of what looks like ground rubber. At first I thought there might be some mice inside but I think we have ruled that out. We got the camper new last year and on a couple of occasions after I had been on the roof a small amount of the same stuff came out of the duct work. Has anyone else had this problem? I think it might be debris left in the duct work while the unit was being built, At least I hope that what it is.
Thanks
Wbatto
wbatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:22 AM   #2
gilpinbrewer

Yeah, it is more than likely just debris left in the duct work. I think this is fairly common and I certainly had this happen on my TT that I used to own.
gilpinbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:23 AM   #3
canesfan

I've had this happen on almost everyone rig I've ever owned. Not just when new, either. Bouncing down the road can shake things up pretty good. I wouldn't let it worry you.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:20 AM   #4
dandjh1958

I found the same thing in my new Hideout. So I took off all the vents in both the AC and heating ducts and vacuumed out completely. I was surprised how much sawdust was in the heating ducts. No worries.
Happy Camping!!
Julie (and Don)
dandjh1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:06 PM   #5
outwest

I've had sawdust, styrofoam, and even bits of aluminum tape come out of our vents. Not only when the air is on, but also when going down the road. Seems to be another area where the builders are in too much of a hurry to clean up after themselves. Just like all the screws I found laying underneath the mattress, behind and under the sofa, and under the dining table. In total I picked up around a dozen screws.

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:06 PM   #6
Bob Landry

In the course of pulling wire to add a second 30A, I had to get into the spaces housing the converter, water heater, and furnace. What a mess. Keystone doesn't have a lot of money invested in vacuum cleaners. I've never seen so much sawdust and wire remnants. I really shouldn't be that surprised, I run into something like this every time I dig into the trailer for a project.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:05 PM   #7
wbatto

Thank for the replys

Thanks all,
For the replys, I feel better knowing that this is fairly common.
Happy Camping
wbatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:28 PM   #8
abneynormal

advice

be sure to check the ac bolts I nearly lost mine in Louisiana yep their roads will bounce anything apart. I pulled the bottom cover and the bolts were sticking down over an inch. to ask why we removed the cover there was water pouring In on our mach 15 coleman where the drip holes had stopped up. note I removed the drip pan and enlarged the 1/8 inch holes to 3/8 and secured the condenser (only screwed in with 2 screws)by adding more screws. along with double nuttung the securing bolts.