Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2018, 12:01 PM   #21
packnrat

jump down to a big box hardware store, there are many choices. even a portable battery powered unit (no cable for power thing).
but if you buy a ac voltage unit, KEEP your power supply aka generator turned on.
you can even think hard mount, and only have to run around with a air hose to each tire as needed. as even the small units can get "heavy" the cheap inflaters at wally world, k-mart (they still around?), cost-co. are just good to loosen your wallet. and some can not get up to 100+psi. no tank, and will take a very long time to get any job done.
read the working psi, load ratings, and service time.
for about $150 usd, a very good unit can be bought. add in fittings and air line, you will be golden for any air needs.
packnrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 12:22 PM   #22
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayT View Post
Porter-Cable CMB15 has worked great for me. Both for tire inflation and other jobs where a small compressor comes in handy.

https://www.amazon.com/PORTER-CABLE-...r_1_fkmrnull_1
That is the one I bought a while back. Then Amazon wanted $129 and Farm & Fleet was $87 + FREE shipping.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 03:31 PM   #23
brodiegg

I have a battery backup that I carry, but I got a 6 gallon air compressor on Amazon and it is faster, but have to go to the storage area to recharge it between inflations--only get two tires on one charge if they are low, but I winterized the coach in about 30 min so it has adual purpose.
brodiegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 06:39 PM   #24
idcruiserman

I got an 8 gal 125psi max quiet unit at walmart for $125 last year. Used it with generator to fill up tires to 110psi. We were full timing, so it was worth it to me to spend the extra money.
idcruiserman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 06:23 AM   #25
Tireman9

If you are running a TPMS (which you, of course, should be)you should have plenty advance notice of needing to add 3 to 5 psi due to normal air loss and pressure change due to change in ambient temperature, such that you can top off your tires at your next fuel stop.

If you don't have TPMS and have been driving on a tire that needs more than 20% of it's needed inflation, you should be calling road service and have the tire changed as there is a good chance you may have done internal structural damage to the tire making it unsafe to re-inflate the tire till it has had a complete internal and external inspection by a trained tire service person (not just the guy that mounts tires who probably has not received the training. AFTER the inspection the tire should only be inflated in an approved safety cage as doing otherwise can lead to serious personal injury.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:17 PM   #26
Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
Last Christmas I received a Ryobi 18V battery inflator. (Home Depot) It is the most used tool I have. 80psi tires, no problem. No cord, built in gauge. The battery works on all there other stuff. Add the 1/2" impact wrench (same Battery) and make tire changing fun again!
We also use this and love it! So easy.
Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:42 AM   #27
EricHarmon

I was glad to read this reply! I was wondering also about compressors. I have that same piece of gear, but wasn't sure if it would be up to the task of a 5er. I'm a year away from ordering my rig (Keystone Montana 3120RL unless something changes!), and I'm slowly shopping for the necessities over the next year or so. As I told my wife the other day after I picked up a 50-amp to 30-amp converter, "$25 down, only $75,000 to go!" heh heh.
EricHarmon is offline   Reply With Quote