Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > Forum Admin, News & Member Account Info
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2018, 04:00 PM   #1
Janet H
Site Team

Verify Your Forum Account Info - Site Updates Soon

In the coming weeks, we will be moving towards a simpler login using your email address (which is private) and password but first we want to make sure the address associated with your account is accurate.

Next week we will be prompting all forum members to verify their contact email as they login to the forum.

Many members have ancient e-mail addresses associated with their current accounts and so next week as you login we will ask you to affirm your email address is correct or to update it. If you need to update your email address please follow the prompts and then check your inbox for a confirmation email to your new address. If you are updating your e-mail address, there is a link in that email you will need to click to complete the process. You can then proceed as usual to login with your current user/pass information.

Once members have had time to verify existing addresses (or update them if needed) we will make the change to logging in with that address (a few weeks from now). We appreciate your patience as we go through this process.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:13 AM   #2
CaptnJohn

Fine on the email but the password has long been forgotten...

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:57 AM   #3
RickClayton

for those of you that can't remember or have TOO many passwords may I suggest DASHLANE.com. Been a great addition.
RickClayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:19 AM   #4
LynnGlaze13

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickClayton View Post
for those of you that can't remember or have TOO many passwords may I suggest DASHLANE.com. Been a great addition.

I have been using ROBOFORM for many years and I would be lost without it.
LynnGlaze13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:04 AM   #5
itat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickClayton View Post
At first I thought, "Why would you want to save all your passwords on a single website on the internet? What if that site gets hacked." And then it occured to me that Google probably has many of mine saved somewhere on their servers!
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2014-2018)
itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 01:00 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
At first I thought, "Why would you want to save all your passwords on a single website on the internet? What if that site gets hacked." And then it occured to me that Google probably has many of mine saved somewhere on their servers!
Or compiled on a Chinese banking site just waiting for their Amazon purchase to be approved by the FTC...... Or was that the Russian agency in North Korea that hired the Nigerian consulate to compile the list ?????

I have no doubt that every password, every PIN and every personal identifier we use is already available to someone (anyone) who knows how to hack it. After all, the only way an ATM or other terminal can work is to use the internet to confirm the PIN/secret identifier with the central computer's master list..... YIKES !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:12 PM   #7
notanlines

"and so next week as you login we will ask you to affirm your email address" Who logs in every time they come to the site?
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:36 PM   #8
ljp

I've been using 3x5 index cards for years and this works good for me.

Merry Christmas to all.....
ljp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 05:46 PM   #9
gadi939

Login required

Will the access to view require a login?
gadi939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:30 PM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

I am speculating when I say this, because things don't always go as planned., but my guess is that one day next week, someone in the Forum Tech Support section will "flip a switch" and everyone will be logged out of the forum. When you next go to open the forum, you will not be "already signed on" and the "log-on process" will ask you to log on using the email address registered with the account and the password. If you remember those, then you should be logged in and if you check the "remember me" box, you should remain logged in.

If you have forgotten your password, you can access it now by signing out, logging in under the current process and click on the "forgot password" box which will send you an email to reset your password.

If you have forgotten your password and elect to "wait until I have to do it" you may find that the "forgotten password" process to reset it is delayed because of everyone else using the system to "log on with you registered email".... Just a word for those who aren't sure of their password. Others, who remember should have no problem re-logging onto the forum.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 12-14-2018, 04:39 AM   #11
itat

This has already been done on another RV forum I frequent. That site uses the same underlying product as this one. It will work the same as it does now except once or twice you’ll need to enter your email address instead of your username. You don’t need to create a new password.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:41 AM   #12
Dave W

Why does it always frighten me when vBulletin makes a change 'for the better'? Oh yeah, it usually takes a significant period of time for a forum to run as well as it had before those 'better' updates;

Sorry if I seem to be a pessimist but too many improvements to a web forum --- aren't and way too many member contributors just go elsewhere
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:59 AM   #13
Janet H
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadi939 View Post
Will the access to view require a login?
No changes to viewing - only the login process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
Why does it always frighten me when vBulletin makes a change 'for the better'? Oh yeah, it usually takes a significant period of time for a forum to run as well as it had before those 'better' updates;
We have an older version of vbulletin here. It's been patched and updated continuously to keep it secure. There are several reasons we have not moved to newer versions... 1. Newer versions have been buggy. 2. At some point we hope to migrate to Zenforo forum software and it will be a simpler process from our current vbulletin version.

That said - we aren't in a rush and have been biding our time waiting for the Zenforo platform to mature a little. Having the newest software versions also means having bugs and frankly, we'd rather have someone else have to be the beta testers

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 02:53 PM   #14
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
This has already been done on another RV forum I frequent. That site uses the underlying underlying product as this one. It will work the same as it does now except once or twice you’ll need to enter your email address instead of your username. You don’t need to create a new password.
You are correct, IF YOU REMEMBER YOUR PASSWORD, then you just use it to log on. My comments regarding the "password reset" was directed toward the member who asked, "What if you don't remember your password?".... For those few members, it may get "sticky" for a few logons until they get things "remembered" or "reset".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 12-14-2018, 09:10 PM   #15
itat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
You are correct, IF YOU REMEMBER YOUR PASSWORD, then you just use it to log on. My comments regarding the "password reset" was directed toward the member who asked, "What if you don't remember your password?".... For those few members, it may get "sticky" for a few logons until they get things "remembered" or "reset".....
Old 12-15-2018, 06:27 AM   #16
hankaye

Howdy All;

Was it broke? If not, why does it need fixin' ?
Curious mind thing ...

hank

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 08:33 AM   #17
JRTJH
Site Team

Hankaye,

It's for improved reliability, better and quicker response, fewer drops and slowdowns, ability to maintain more and improved features, not to mention function and functionality.....

Sort of like if you've been using your old 23" black and white TV and the TV station changed from analog to digital broadcasting, you've either got to buy a converter box or a new TV. Where do you find a replacement black and white cathode ray TV that processes analog signals? It's either upgrade (improve) or stick with the old "breaks too often and can't get it fixed easily" existing model that you adapt by buying add-ons that only help a little bit and can't be modified when things change again (more expensive in the long run).

To make it "seem RV related", you've got a half ton truck and your rich uncle left you a brand new 43' toyhauler. Do you try to find some way to adapt your inadequate tow vehicle or do you go out and get a new one. If you decide on buying a new one, do you buy one that's "barely adequate" or do you go ahead and upgrade to one that gives you reserves that you may not yet need but will probably need in the future???

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 12-15-2018, 08:49 AM   #18
Dave W

Quote:
Hankaye,

It's for improved reliability, better and quicker response, fewer drops and slowdowns, ability to maintain more and improved features, not to mention function and functionality.....

But, but, but my connection almost every time I check in is one of the fastest of any site. Vbulletin cannot address a crappy internet connection, browser or your antique 95 or Vista software. The only time I have an slow or unreliable connection is about 3:30 - 4:00 PM and right after the school busses go through the 'hood
Old 12-15-2018, 09:25 AM   #19
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
But, but, but my connection almost every time I check in is one of the fastest of any site. Vbulletin cannot address a crappy internet connection, browser or your antique 95 or Vista software. The only time I have an slow or unreliable connection is about 3:30 - 4:00 PM and right after the school busses go through the 'hood
Maybe, just maybe, 3:30 - 4:00 PM is the time for you to take a potty break and let the "school busses and their precious cargo" do their thing???? No amount of software upgrades will fix that problem (as you aptly stated)....

Of course, you could alternatively stand on the front porch, hold your breath as long as possible, then put your thumb in your mouth and try to inflate your arm by blowing as hard as possible (but try not to pass out).... You may have better success with obtaining "Popeye arms" than with resolving your "afternoon slowdowns".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 12-15-2018, 09:52 AM   #20
Dave W

Quote:
Maybe, just maybe, 3:30 - 4:00 PM is the time for you to take a potty break and let the "school busses and their precious cargo" do their thing???? No amount of software upgrades will fix that problem (as you aptly stated)....

Of course, you could alternatively stand on the front porch, hold your breath as long as possible, then put your thumb in your mouth and try to inflate your arm by blowing as hard as possible (but try not to pass out).... You may have better success with obtaining "Popeye arms" than with resolving your "afternoon slowdowns".....
Nah, I'll just return to my hiatus from here