Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 08:58 PM   #1
Sandfreak

2015 Fuzion 345 suspension upgrades.

Any recommended suspension upgrades I should do on my 2015 Fuzion 345 when I have the wheel bearings done?
Old 02-17-2019, 10:08 AM   #2
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandfreak View Post
Any recommended suspension upgrades I should do on my 2015 Fuzion 345 when I have the wheel bearings done?
Need more info!

Is there problems with the existing?
What axles?
What's the GVW of the Fuzion?
What do you currently have for an equalizer?
Tires?
You want independent suspension?
You want disc brakes?
Are you talking replacing bearings with Timkens?
Are you doing the work? If not what's your budget?

You've ask a very broad question!
Replacement undetermined
Old 02-17-2019, 10:10 AM   #3
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandfreak View Post
Need more info!

Is there problems with the existing?
What axles?
What's the GVW of the Fuzion?
What do you currently have for an equalizer?
Replacing tires?
You want independent suspension?
You want disc brakes?
Are you talking replacing bearings with Timkens?
Are you doing the work? If not what's your budget? Could get expensive!

You've ask a very broad question!
Replacement undetermined
Old 02-17-2019, 06:59 PM   #4
roadglide

I installed Dexter E Z flex heavy duty rubber suspension system along with wet bolts . This works for me and over 12 K pounds on the axles and 15 K miles with no sight of wear. I know the rig pulls smoother.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:10 PM   #5
roadglide

What is your advice Texan? Sandfreak was very clear with his question on his keyston toyhualer suspension. From what you said your knowable is very poor about keyston . I'm seeing you don't even own a keystone product . It's a redwood owned by Thor industry
Old 02-17-2019, 09:44 PM   #6
Brentw

I too installed wet bolts and dexter EZ flex, Also added a morryde pin box, helped with chucking and trailer rides smoother.
2008 Goldwing
Old 02-17-2019, 09:50 PM   #7
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglide View Post
What is your advice Texan? Sandfreak was very clear with his question on his keyston toyhualer suspension. From what you said your knowable is very poor about keyston . I'm seeing you don't even own a keystone product . It's a redwood owned by Thor industry
Keystone is also owned by Thor industries!
Redwood was/is a Crossroads unit, also Thor, which a year or 2 ago went under the control of Keystone. So no technically mine being '13 wasn't a Keystone, but the last 2-4 year models definitely are.
Just FYI, Thor owns approximately 85% of the rv industry.
As far as rv suspensions it doesn't make any difference as to the manufacturer, the majority are all the same, bare minimum they can get by with.
My advice is to upgrade the equalizer to Dexter or MorRyde with heavy shackles (1/2" thick), wet bolts & bronze bushings, replacing the factory plastic bushings & paper thin shackles. My OEM shackles had the bolt holes already elongated in 5-6k miles & the plastic bushings were totally shredded.
If he wants a real upgrade swap the crappy electric drum brakes to disc, best upgrade I did to mine.
If you've got plenty of money ($3500-4000) go to MorRyde & they'll completely remove axles, springs, equalizer & replace with a 4 wheel totally independent rubber mounted system making the smoothest ride, most trouble free of any system on the market. For about $6000+/- you can get the IS & disc brakes.
Sandfreak, sorry to ask so many questions, just trying to be clear what you had & were looking to do.
So Roadglide if YOU need any more suspension info or who manufacturers which rvs, just ask, I'll be glad to help you out!!!
Replacement undetermined
Old 02-18-2019, 04:35 AM   #8
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Keystone is also owned by Thor industries!
Redwood was/is a Crossroads unit, also Thor, which a year or 2 ago went under the control of Keystone. So no technically mine being '13 wasn't a Keystone, but the last 2-4 year models definitely are.
Just FYI, Thor owns approximately 85% of the rv industry.
As far as rv suspensions it doesn't make any difference as to the manufacturer, the majority are all the same, bare minimum they can get by with.
My advice is to upgrade the equalizer to Dexter or MorRyde with heavy shackles (1/2" thick), wet bolts & bronze bushings, replacing the factory plastic bushings & paper thin shackles. My OEM shackles had the bolt holes already elongated in 5-6k miles & the plastic bushings were totally shredded.
If he wants a real upgrade swap the crappy electric drum brakes to disc, best upgrade I did to mine.
If you've got plenty of money ($3500-4000) go to MorRyde & they'll completely remove axles, springs, equalizer & replace with a 4 wheel totally independent rubber mounted system making the smoothest ride, most trouble free of any system on the market. For about $6000+/- you can get the IS & disc brakes.
Sandfreak, sorry to ask so many questions, just trying to be clear what you had & were looking to do.
So Roadglide if YOU need any more suspension info or who manufacturers which rvs, just ask, I'll be glad to help you out!!!
Yup 2018 keyston reduces the warranty to 1 year it looks down hill all the way for Redwood rv
Old 02-18-2019, 08:30 AM   #9
travelin texans

Quote:
Yup 2018 keyston reduces the warranty to 1 year it looks down hill all the way for Redwood rv
What ever that means is anybody's guess, cause I don't know.
Replacement undetermined
Old 02-18-2019, 12:10 PM   #10
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
What ever that means is anybody's guess, cause I don't know.
DANNY you should try Google search befor you start criticizing your knowledge of keystone is pathetic. I know Dexter brakes used on keyston toyhualer are American made quality . Take a look at E Trailer before you start popping off about a product. The Lippert frame and axle are of high quality . My springs are still good after 40 k miles nothing perfect and there will be some defects . I WOULD RECOMENED new USA bearings and race and seals for the O P .
Old 02-18-2019, 12:16 PM   #11
chuckster57
Site Team

Play nice people!!!

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:04 PM   #12
travelin texans

Quote:
DANNY you should try Google search befor you start criticizing your knowledge of keystone is pathetic. I know Dexter brakes used on keyston toyhualer are American made quality . Take a look at E Trailer before you start popping off about a product. The Lippert frame and axle are of high quality . My springs are still good after 40 k miles nothing perfect and there will be some defects . I WOULD RECOMENED new USA bearings and race and seals for the O P .
I'm sorry, but I have no clue where you're coming from with your comments & rant.
I never criticized Keystone, Dexter, Lippert or any other particular product.
I simply ask the OP a few questions in an attempt to clarify if he was looking for a particular upgrade, so far the OP hasn't responded.
I have, as far as I can tell, been playing nice, where some have went off on an unprovoked rant about what I asked the OP & for some unknown reason on my particular rv.
Hopefully some of the suggestions from others, as well as myself, have given the OP some ideas & hasn't been scared off.
On this particular thread I'm done!
Replacement undetermined
Old 02-18-2019, 05:06 PM   #13
roadglide

[QUOTE=travelin texans;327244]I'm sorry, but I have no clue where you're coming from with your comments & rant.
I never criticized Keystone, Dexter, Lippert or any other particular product.
I simply ask the OP a few questions in an attempt to clarify if he was looking for a particular upgrade, so far the OP hasn't responded.
I have, as far as I can tell, been playing nice, where some have went off on an unprovoked rant about what I asked the OP & for some unknown reason on my particular rv.
Hopefully some of the suggestions from others, as well as myself, have given the OP some ideas & hasn't been scared off.
On this particular thread I'm done![/QUOTE
Old 02-18-2019, 06:16 PM   #14
chuckster57
Site Team

Asked you guys to play nice...CLOSED

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Closed Thread

Tags
fuzion, upgrade