Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2019, 11:19 PM   #1
ajk170

Changing cabinet doors on 316RL

Hi Everybody! I’m looking at upgrading our 316Rl’s stereo system from the irv33 to the irv34. I have always wanted to listen to the zone 3(outside) separate from the inside and the irv33 doesn’t do that. The irv34 has a few other nice features such as zone 1 has 2.1 sound plus it has an ARC HDMI which can apparently allow for a one remote setup (so long as the TV has ARC as well) and even an optical port.
Upgrading the sound system also makes me want to change my current cabinet doors that house my stereo system since the stereo remote doesn’t go through the closed cabinet door. Probably explains why Keystone moved away from putting the stereo system behind a door and now leaves it exposed in all their coach’s.
I found what I think is just a cabinet door frame (without the wood panel insert) at Trekwood and I'll just get some tempered glass and put it in but has anybody else changed out their cabinet doors with a glass insert in order to use their stereo without opening the cabinet doors? Thanks!
ajk170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:22 PM   #2
ajk170

Really? Nobody has ever done this? I'm surprised that I'm the only person that would want to make this change. I'm a little surprised that Keystone never did this but knowing that it would probably cost money, I'm not overly surprised.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:49 AM   #3
rdhouston

I have not done this myself. However, after having gone to the RV show this year, I have seen several units where the system is located behind glass doors.

Are you concerned whether or not the IR remote will work or just how to install the glass?
Old 02-22-2019, 04:28 PM   #4
ajk170

Rdhouston- my initial concern was ordering the doors from keystone/trek wood but I’ve sense learned that’s not really an issue- the issue is if they are available in my color. But in now looking to take my current doors apart and put the glass in myself. I think that’s going to be the best look. I just received the new irv34 so i’ll Install that first and see how the remote does! Thanks!
Old 02-23-2019, 09:49 AM   #5
rdhouston

Sounds good. Update here when you finish!

Tags
316rl, cabinet doors, glass inserts, irv, stereo