Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2017, 12:50 PM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Fresh Cab is back on the market. I bought two boxes at Gilroy's Hardware this morning. They got in 2 cases (the manager said he had 40 cases on order). When I stopped by Tractor Supply for another item, I asked at the CS desk and was told it is backordered and due in next week. Previously, there was no "due in" date. So, it looks like the manufacturer is starting to ramp up production. Whatever the delay may have been (I was told EPA) it seems to have been resolved.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 02:37 PM   #22
chuckster57
Site Team

This reminds me of when Castrol “Super Clean” was taken off the California shelf’s. I figured it was because it worked,( EPA doesn’t like things that work LOL).

Turns out it had to be reformulated, and when it came back out it was actually better.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 03:32 PM   #23
notanlines

I believe Coca-Cola may have been in this discussion about 32 years ago. I guess we can look for "Classic Fresh Cab" on the market?
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 03:53 PM   #24
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
I believe Coca-Cola may have been in this discussion about 32 years ago. I guess we can look for "Classic Fresh Cab" on the market?

^^^ Maybe I'll hold off on buying a supply and wait for the "classic" stuff!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 04:45 PM   #25
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Fresh Cab is back on the market. I bought two boxes at Gilroy's Hardware this morning. They got in 2 cases (the manager said he had 40 cases on order). When I stopped by Tractor Supply for another item, I asked at the CS desk and was told it is backordered and due in next week. Previously, there was no "due in" date. So, it looks like the manufacturer is starting to ramp up production. Whatever the delay may have been (I was told EPA) it seems to have been resolved.

And it continues.....

I had checked a few days ago on the supply at Tractor Supply in Crawfordville FL and it said they had in excess of 10, 10 oz. (4 packs) of Fresh Cab. Went in today to get them and they had none. Had 9 single packs. They checked to give me a raincheck for 10......they don't offer the product for a raincheck or to order. I bought the 9 (4.99 ea.). Guess I'll keep looking. Hopefully they are going to bring the "real" stuff back on the market.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 07:44 PM   #26
ann9

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ann9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:04 AM   #27
notanlines

I'm guessing it was a slow day in Sanford.....
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:07 PM   #28
jd800

I talked to a customer rep at the company that makes Fresh Cab. "According to her" it is a vendor issue and them getting approved by the EPA. She also said "Stay Away Rodent" is the exact same formula and the local Lowe's store by me had some when she checked their inventory. I did go there and get some, hopefully it works. Check your local Lowe's on line, perhaps they have some.
jd800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 04:30 PM   #29
vampress_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd800 View Post
I talked to a customer rep at the company that makes Fresh Cab. "According to her" it is a vendor issue and them getting approved by the EPA. She also said "Stay Away Rodent" is the exact same formula and the local Lowe's store by me had some when she checked their inventory. I did go there and get some, hopefully it works. Check your local Lowe's on line, perhaps they have some.
So, I wonder if they are changing the formula of Stay Away Rodent, or someone doesn't know what her company sells...https://www.earthkind.com/fresh-cab-vs-stay-away/

I just hope they bring back the original before next fall. Apparently the mice around here don't mind minty fresh repellant.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 04:44 PM   #30
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd800 View Post
I talked to a customer rep at the company that makes Fresh Cab. ... She also said "Stay Away Rodent" is the exact same formula and the local Lowe's store by me had some when she checked their inventory. I did go there and get some, hopefully it works. Check your local Lowe's on line, perhaps they have some.
All I can tell you is to open the cellophane wrapper on a sachet of Fresh Cab and open the cellophane wrapper on a sachet of Stay Away Rodent and place both near your nose. Anyone with any "nasal capacity" will tell you that they are entirely different. First, one smells like fir trees and the other smells like spearmint. Then, a "4 pack" of Fresh Cab is $15.99 while a "single pack" of Stay Away Rodent is $7.99. That's double the price for a product that the factory says, "Isn't as strong or objectionable to some people".....

That "light green boxed second string product" isn't nearly as effective as Fresh Cab. From personal experience this year, I've already had to replace the "Stay Away Rodent" that was in my boat. Northern Michigan mice like to make nests of it. I'll stick to the Fresh Cab at half the price and twice the effectiveness !!! YMMV

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote