Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2019, 07:08 PM   #1
Alaskaman

Carbon camera power source, I'm lost!

2017 Carbon 417. I want to put an on/off switch on the camera. My backup camera is on all the time. I found a 15A fuse labeled Zone 3 that kills the camera, rear bath and ceiling lights and fan in the garage, that is all it kills.

I have dropped every item powered by that fuse and cannot find the small camera wires anywhere. They are not in the breaker panel, battery compartment of attached to the battery disconnect switch, which I also removed. I did not remove the breaker system, removed the cover and looked as well as I could inside.

The camera remains on when the battery disconnect is off and the unit is unplugged from shore power. It only goes off when batteries are disconnected. The camera is always on, even without the TV connected.

The camera is not tied into any exterior lights, backup or clearance or any other exterior lights, the cam is also on when not connected to the TV.

I have read virtually every thread here about camera installation and wiring, no body seems to know where the heck this thing is or could be wired to. Short of taking the ceiling down I am completely lost.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6416.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	22098  
Alaskaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 02:41 AM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Is it wired directly to the battery? Sounds like it or off of a loom that is directly in the battery.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 05:55 AM   #3
MarkEHansen

He said it goes off when he pulls a 15A fuse.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:39 AM   #4
Alaskaman

Thanks Chip and Mark. I've been all over this unit with a fine toothed comb, there are no small wires around the batteries, the leads all come together at a junction containing only the heavy duty battery leads.

I'll go out today and look for more possibilities. Is there any chance the running or other exterior lighting is wired constant 12+ with interruptible ground? Wondering if the + feed might be there with a common ground somewhere along the way. I'll hook up the TV today and see if running lights go off with the fuse pulled.

At the camera I only have about 1 1/2" of slack, and nothing will pull out so tracing the wires is impossible.

If I ever find out I will certainly post my findings!
Old 06-04-2019, 11:15 AM   #5
retiredusps69

I would start pulling fuses one by one. I don't know your trailer but maybe they tied into the awning or something else that has power all the time. How about the rear bunks or a light in the rear Interior.
retiredusps69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 11:23 AM   #6
retiredusps69

power

Try pulling light switches and check, Possible the awning switch.Bet it is tied into Interior light circuit.
retiredusps69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:01 PM   #7
MickLittle

The nearest power supply (not switched) would be for the happy jack bed lift. There is constant power at the junction there.
MickLittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:46 PM   #8
Alaskaman

I mentioned above I have found the 15A fuse that kills the camera, it's labeled Zone 3 and takes out the camera, garage ceiling fan, garage and garage bath lights when pulled.

When that fuse is removed all other switches, Hapijaack bed and rear awning still operate. I've disconnected all switches in the garage to be sure, nothing else kills the camera.

Thanks for the ideas, I'm still on it...
Old 06-04-2019, 03:45 PM   #9
Alaskaman

I pulled the entire breaker panel out, nothing there related to the camera, all heavier wiring.

Just odd the camera stays on when the battery disconnect switch is off.

Also, when the 15A fuse is pulled a red indicator light comes on at that fuse position. No idea what that means.

Tags
power