Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2015, 12:29 PM   #1
pressure_welder

2013 keystone laredo 266RL

My wife and I have a 2013 keystone Laredo 266RL that we do love, decently built, and is fulfilling our needs. Anyway We have the notorious front cap fading issue that most seem to have with the brown cap. I started to notice it in the fall after our first summer of ownership (brand new), last year it progressively got worse and frankly looks like **** now... makes a 2013 unit look like a 10 yr old camper. It just looks so out of place when the rest of the unit is MINT. I religiously maintain this unit far past manufacturers specs, inclunding waxing/polishing however I couldn't make a dint on this fading. So I finally call the dealer and they are amazing to deal with, within 20 minutes they had called keystone and conveyed my issues, I have to go home and take pictures of the condition of the fading on the cap after work, email them to my dealer and shell forward them on to keystone, she said keystone is very aware of the problem and I guess is supporting as many cases as possible? its not in stone yet but I believe I will acquire keystones assistance. This will require painting and new decals. Our uncle is actually a professional body work/painter for hot rods and other high end items and said he could have it all done for 1500$. Iam about 6 months out of warrenty and keystone realizes that but I made them well aware that this was happening within the warrenty period. I didn't really know until last week that people were getting this fixed via painting the cap on keystones dime or I would've addressed it earlier. I guess well find out if keystone keeps a customer or not! Out of warrenty or not I feel as though a 45,000$ camper shouldn't have asthetic issues like this in less than 2 years ownership.
pressure_welder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:44 PM   #2
pressure_welder

Well good news, took less than a day of my dealer forwarding my front cap pictures to keystone and keystone is covering the cost to paint the cap and provide new decals. Quite happy to say the least. Also have been past warrenty for 10 months
Old 02-25-2015, 06:02 PM   #3
KanTC

Good news indeed, pressure_welder! Granted it's no consolation, but Keystone isn't the only one having "fading issues" with the dark colored front caps... we see them often (on other brands)
while traveling. Makes me glad our Laredo had the basic white with a decal... no issues even after 4 yrs

Kudos to Keystone for stepping-up to the plate & thanks for keeping us posted.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:34 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanTC View Post
...but Keystone isn't the only one having "fading issues" with the dark colored front caps... we see them often (on other brands)....
Kudos to Keystone for stepping-up to the plate & thanks for keeping us posted.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
I agree on both counts.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:40 PM   #5
tree1668

That really speaks to Keystone standing behind their product.
tree1668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:28 PM   #6
pressure_welder

Iam not sure if it's because I also have a good dealer? But you read of some guys that get shut right down on this cap issue. However some of them I know took the puff out my chest route right off the bat which iam sure dosent help. Either way very happy because the cap was really starting to look like crap and I wasn't going to fork out the coin to fix it on my own.