Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2019, 02:24 PM   #1
Janet794

Almost new owner of New 2019 KEYSTONE PREMIER 24RK

Hello! We are in negotiations to purchase a New 2019 KEYSTONE PREMIER 24RK. We have had several TT’s over the years. Our most recent is a 2018 Jayco Eagle 306rkds. But, we decided it was just too big for us. We are retirees that work as Camp Hosts one month a year and otherwise do State and Nationals Parks. The Jayco is great for Camp Hosting, but not our other adventures. Sooooo we are almost done with a deal to trade down to the Keystone Premier. I cannot seem to find any threads in this model. Anyone have a thought on this travel trailer? TIA
Janet794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 03:35 PM   #2
Chris P

Welcome to the forum from New Jersey, Congratulations on your new camper. Im sure someone here has this model.
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:06 PM   #3
Tbos

Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. Enjoy that new rig.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:30 PM   #4
HitFactor
Gone Traveling

We just bought a similar TT 24RKPR a few weeks ago at the Grand Rapids MI show. We have not taken delivery yet. Just picked up a TV last weekend and need to sell our current TT to make room.

Welcome to the forum.
HitFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:45 PM   #5
Janet794

Yay for us! I think we have similar if not the same models. I have seen the extra letters associated with our’s too. The model numbers are confusing. Guessing you are as excited as we are����
Old 02-07-2019, 03:31 AM   #6
HitFactor
Gone Traveling

We sure are.

I'm pretty sure RK means rear kitchen. PR might be abbreviation for premier.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:44 AM   #7
Janet794

That makes sense! Thanks.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:00 AM   #8
Leatherman

Janet and Hit, I have replied to both of your threads regarding the new trailer. I have this one as well in a 2018 model year. I have had it since April 2017 (they are very liberal with the model years).

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about this model. We have probably put about 2500 miles on it so far. Its a great couples trailer.

Congrats!
2018 Keystone 24RKPR (Previous)
2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman CTD
Leatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:11 AM   #9
Janet794

Brandie new to this forum and it’s software, so not sure where you mean you responded? I will click around and see if I can find your response, unless you mean this thread. We pick up the Unit tomorrow, as long as the snow and ice are reasonable.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:47 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet794 View Post
Brandie new to this forum and it’s software, so not sure where you mean you responded? I will click around and see if I can find your response, unless you mean this thread. We pick up the Unit tomorrow, as long as the snow and ice are reasonable.
If you do pick it up tomorrow and tow it on slushy, salt covered roads, be absolutely sure that you rinse the undercarriage before putting it into storage. With the freeze/thaw of spring, that salt can cause some very dramatic rust/corrosion damage by the time July arrives. Without knowing whether the trailer was delivered to the dealer in those same conditions and what the dealer may (or may not) have done to clean the undercarriage upon delivery, there may already be extensive corrosion. Don't forget to check the bottom of the trailer BEFORE you sign any documentation accepting delivery !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:20 PM   #11
German Shepherd Guy

My DW and I looked at two models for our new dog show trailer and the 24RKPR was one of them. Really liked that trailer. RKPR = Rear Kitchen Premiere. The other was the 26RBPR (Rear bath, Premiere) Though we settled on the 26 it was a toss up. Outside kitchen and basically larger inside kitchen were the deciders. But there is not much difference (Length, weight, interior room) between the two. As stated, a great couples trailer. You are going to love it.
Oak

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:39 AM   #12
HitFactor
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet794 View Post
...We pick up the Unit tomorrow ...
Did you get it? Are you thrilled?

Janet we will pick ours up on Friday 2/22.

What's the height to top of the ball on your tow vehicle?

What size ball?

I'd like to have the hitch ready when I get there. Dealerships like to do things will you wait, but sometimes it takes far longer than estimated.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:16 AM   #13
Janet794

We did! And yes, we love it. We downsized from a much larger camper and I was concerned about the storage space, but pretty much everything fit back in. We never fill a camper. Working on shelving etc in the cupboards. I will measure the height later and let you know. It is lower than our other one, so they had to flip our hitch and lower the ball. But, not as low riding as our Sunline a few years ago!! It pulls and maneuvers easily. AND the battery will run the furnace! Very nice feature. The battery space could accommodate two batteries for boondocking.
The slide mechanisms, pulley and cable system is quite impressive hardware! The workmanship and cabinetry are superior! If I suck in just a tad, I can squeeze through to the living area through the bathroom door. Once inside, everything except a couple small spaces in the pantry can be accessed with the slides closed. If the front slide was open a couple inches, one could squeeze through there too. The fridge is accessible. We like the lights all having buttons on them so lighting can be adjusted easily. Not a great number of outlets, but no big deal. The storage behind the tv is huge and stores a ton. Once again, we have not filled a camper. I will need to pack less clothing, but that is always the case. The under bed area needs hydraulics added and I have put up hooks all over, like every camper.
The camper feels very solid and well constructed. The couch is fabulous, did I give you the impression we love this camper???? Hahahaha!
Old 02-16-2019, 05:35 AM   #14
HitFactor
Gone Traveling

Yes, you are giving me the impression you love it.

We are moving up in size, I used to hit my head on everything in the Starcraft we just sold.

My wife has already said "don't forget you have outlets to install". I'll add outlets that have the USB charging ports. I'll swap a couple of outlets in the living room with these as well.

I bought the equalizer WD hitch and their biggest drop shank. Our F350 has 20" tires on it, no lift kit, and I'm worried the hitch is still too high.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:57 AM   #15
Janet794

Hmmm, that is a big truck we have a Dodge Ram 1500. After this second cup of coffee, I will go measure.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:20 PM   #16
Rber1234

When I was looking to buy a new TT I was torn between the 24RKPR and the 22RBPR Premier. I really liked the open living area of the 24RKPR but went with the 22RBPR because of the outdoor kitchen. Congrats on your new camper.
Rber1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 04:28 PM   #17
HitFactor
Gone Traveling

The 22RBPR was high on our list due to the outdoor kitchen. Congrats, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

It doesn't happen often, but we have occasionally been 'stuck' inside due to weather, especially during the spring. So having a comfortable area was just a little higher on our list than the OD kitchen. So we are picking up a 24RKPR this coming Friday.

Tags
keystone