Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2018, 03:41 PM   #41
KennyDean

Yeah was easy the valve released air and pink stuff. Fell darn good about completing the task.
KennyDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 03:17 PM   #42
shermris

There are a lot of youtube videos that will help you with the winterizing process. There is always residual water left in the water lines after use, which is why it isn't pink right away. Your water heater shut off valve may be hidden from view, (like the electric water pump). It will be found somewhere behind the water heater. Mine requires removing some screws on a panel and reaching through a 5" hole to the valve. I needed a flashlight to find it the first time, but access is not that hard once you know where it is. The most common location for the water pump is under the bathroom shower but the location may be different. Make sure to pull the drain plugs on the freshwater storage tank and the water heater. It's not hard but can be expensive if you don't get all of the water out of your trailer tanks, lines, and drains.
shermris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 03:40 PM   #43
Local150

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyDean View Post
Hello to all,
I have a 2015 cougar 25 rks fifth wheel. Last year I moved it from storage in northern MD to Nashville TN. Was told no need to winterize as the winters aren’t cold enough. Well they were. Took my trailer out for the second time this summer for six weeks and boy did I have problems. Had to replace my kitchen sink fauset, bathroom sink and shower fauset and a part in back of toilet plus the inlet panel where I connect the water hose into my trailer. With that all said I need to winterize my fifth wheel this year correctly. Have watched many u tube videos on how too.
My questions are:
1) where is my water pump located?
2) I took the panel off the inside bottom cabinet of my water heater. But do not see any hoses with valves? My user manual say I have the by pass kit on it?
3) watching the video once they connect the hose on the water pump into the anti freeze bottle and turn on the fauset it looks like a lot of water comes out before it turns pink. Where is that water coming from?
4) is it easy enough for me to attemp this task myself or should I pay to have it done?
After replacing all the parts I said I did I see no more leaks but can’t find the pump?
Anything else I should know before attempting this task.
Thank you
Make sure your water tank is drained. Then water will come out for a bit then pink,, my water pump is under a drawer in kitchen,, just got done winterizing mine a few minutes ago. Only thing I forgot is to leave frig doors open a bit so no mold grows in there
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 05:04 PM   #44
RagingRobert
Gone Traveling

You tube is an excellent source of info...again don't forget the city water fill valve when winterizing and make sure you release some pressure by opening a faucet before you push the valve button to let some antifreeze out or you can damage that o-ring. Blowing out the lines first will ensure you get rid of all the water and you don't dilute the antifreeze.
RagingRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 06:15 PM   #45
Local150

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingRobert View Post
You tube is an excellent source of info...again don't forget the city water fill valve when winterizing and make sure you release some pressure by opening a faucet before you push the valve button to let some antifreeze out or you can damage that o-ring. Blowing out the lines first will ensure you get rid of all the water and you don't dilute the antifreeze.
When in doubt about dilution I just use another gallon of anti freeze it's cheap compared to repairs
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, winter, winterizing