Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2016, 04:00 PM   #221

Have the same thing going on. Zone C not working. The plugs on the back of the unit stink. I wiggled them around and got it to work. Then it's out. It's not a tight connection. Junk. Gonna have the unit replaced but it will most likely be the same junk that everyone else is having problems with. Prob just buy a better head unit next year.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:03 AM   #222
truth

My 336 did the same thing. The screw did catch my kitchen slide and it ripped the trim off. I'm waiting until the end of the season to bring it in for warranty work.
truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 05:57 AM   #223
Gpa-Dave

New Link for Trouble Shooting Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellie1289 View Post
read this post, and inside of it is a manual you can download called "ground control 3.0 trouble shooting guide. It is very short and easy read. I followed the directions in in after having the exact same problem and it self corrected in five seconds saving me a trip to the dealer. it autoleveled no problem after it self cleared the code. I now have this guide printed and in my under storage for future reference. Page 9 specifically I think is where I solved my problem(of the guide). PM me if you cant find the pdf file in this post. I can email it to you.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...error+leveling
What an interesting read. Thanks for the info. the link above wouldn't work for me ........ thanks to this thread, I found this at Lippert.

http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/s...ting_Guide.pdf
Gpa-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 03:58 PM   #224

Re: Anyone own the cougar 336bhs?

Had the floor fixed again. And a new radio installed. (Zone c). Works great now. Dealer said he had 4 other 336 in for the screw by the island also. They removed and repaired it again. Should have left the screw out first time. Now more concerning. As I seen in other posts and maybe touched on in this. Wtf. No winterization prep on the pump. 42k and they saved 14$ on this. Can't make it up. Actually has an ok water heater bypass. Kind of a pain behind the panel but it works. Pump has no set up at all and if you were inclined it would require crawling thru the pass thru. No thanks. Blew out with air. Put 6 gal in the tank and pumped it thru. Will rinse and sanitize as normal in the spring. Disappointed in the things they cut corners on.
Old 11-05-2016, 05:28 PM   #225
nellie1289

while we are on the topic of more annoyances the top lock of my entry door simply fell right out again when I put the key in. Second time this has happened. I mean literally just fell on to the ground.

Second, has anyone noticed on the fuse box that it is sort of "loose' meaing my bathroom fan/light you have to jiggle the fuse for that room or the little red light comes on. the fuse is in tight, I don't know why but if I put pressure on the fuse it goes back on. ANNOYING.

I have also noticed on my bedroom slide that the flaps don't reverse course anymore when you put it out so for example before I put it out I actually stick my hand in there and push them towards the outside so it makes a good rain seal when they are out. I think its because the slide only goes out such a short distance. I plan on lubricating them this offseason and see if that helps to improve the plyability but others may want to look a this. if they don't reverse then seems likely you are more prone to water getting in.

In other news after several short trips and some in the rain my roof repair seems good and is holding. That is positive. and my brakes are good too.
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 04:34 AM   #226

My wardrobe slide in the master doing the same thing. Lubed and relubed. Inside and out. Had the dealer try as well when it was at shop for end of season punch list stuff. No luck. Just a bad design. Had tons of calking and roof seals to repair. Was hopeful it would have held up better. They all have their flaws. All in all I'm happy with it.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:56 AM   #227
cant_remember_ID

When I winterized this year, I ran an extra length of hose and valve from the intake up behind the water heater and then back to the pump. This allows me to access the water heater bypass and winterizing hose for antifreeze at the same time. Worked well for winterizing, I hope it still works for pumping water, I may have a surprise in the spring.

I've been pretty lucky with other issues. We have some shades that either are falling off or do not stay down, something else to fix in the spring. But at least the shades are much cheaper to replace vs the normal blinds.

I installed a maxxair fan over the kitchen this summer and ran a new power supply from the fuse box for it. I had to remove the bathroom vanity and cut a hole in the back of the front kitchen cabinet to run the wires. I was a little disappointed to see much of the wall material is "load-bearing" Luan. It appears at least half of the screws used to hold on the cabinets only go into the Luan, not the wood framing behind it.

I'm sad it is put away for the winter. Already trying to plan a trip for spring break.
cant_remember_ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:54 PM   #228
truth

Does your TV have a DVD option. I have the same trailer and I would like to install a tv in the bedroom. Thanks
Old 02-21-2017, 09:19 AM   #229

Going to add the ac in he bedroom this spring. Pretty handy so I think I have it covered. Was going to go with the penguin ii low profile. Do I need 15k not ducted in the bedroom or is 13.5k fine. About $150. Also do I need low profile or can I get away with a similar unit to the rear one. I'm looking at specs and it seems like about 4-6" difference. I saw a similar cougar at the local dealer with a full profile ac up front. Not sure if it was factory or aftermarket. Does anyone have one with a factory installed second ac. What did they come with. Thoughts, concerns ? Also anyone got a lead on a place with cheap ac and free shipping?
Old 02-21-2017, 03:52 PM   #230
Cabindweller

I have the second unit installed from the factory. It looks exactly the same as the rear unit but it is a 13.5k. We have been very pleased with the cooling capabilities. I don't think there is any need for a 15k. We stayed in VA last summer and the temp was 97 for a few days. The two units were enough to keep us very comfortable. I've also not had any clearance issues.

2017 F350 SuperDuty - Lariat, Crew Cab, PowerStroke, SRW, 4x4
Cabindweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:09 PM   #231
Seven Gable

Could you measure the height with the factory AC. The dealer indicated that with the factory AC (standard height unit) the 5th would be over 13' tall. There are many local and state 2 lane roads around here with low under passes or bridge clearances. So we asked to have a low profile AC installed by the dealer. We estimated that we would be at about 12'-10" with the low profile but I do not think they measured it. Unfortunately, they were not able to install the low profile unit due to interference with the vent from the bathroom.

My unit is still at camp (truck issues) so I can not measure the distance to the vent but the picture shows what I am talking about. I would guess it is about 12" away. I am also interested in adding an AC. For now we went with a fantastic fan to help with ventilation. It was fine in the mountains in central PA but we will be going to Texas in the summer and I am sure the beach at some time & I would like the AC.

The front of the 5th is to the top of the photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cougar 336 Front Vent.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	11901  
Seven Gable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:03 PM   #232

I searched pretty heavily on-line. Also called keystone. As the other poster confirmed they come with a "brisk air 2" 13.5 on the bedroom. I don't think height is an issue. Of course yes it can always be an issue somewhere. But under 14' you are generally ok.
I have the maxxair vent on the bedroom now. Specs say it is 9.3 inches. Brisk air specs are 12.7 inche. So about 3". I don't cut it that close usually. Going with the factory specd unit. $479+about $90 shipping from rvpartscountry.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3184.PNG
Views:	288
Size:	752.2 KB
ID:	11903   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3185.PNG
Views:	218
Size:	703.0 KB
ID:	11904   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3186.PNG
Views:	213
Size:	531.4 KB
ID:	11905  
336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:38 PM   #233
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Seven gable; Being in a county west of you I understand your concerns. When it looks close I look at those rusty signs on the over passes and wonder If DOT updates these after repaving I have yet to actually measure mine, with the upgraded tires I am around 13' 5" to top of AC
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:19 PM   #234
Seven Gable

Paraptor, My previous RV was a TT at 10'-8" so with the new 5ver I have been watching signs lately. There are a lot of them that will be close and a fair amount that would be too low on the shoulder or even in the right lane. I know for a fact that the signs are NOT updated all of the time.

I did several underpass and bridge renovations (as a young structural engineer) back in the 80's and 90's and the DOT (both Illinois and PA) did not care the least about replacing those signs. Most of the time I was brought in to try to increase clearances and those got new signage but I also got involved with some repaving and those may or may not have been corrected. I'm with you on the rusted ones. I do not trust them.

I do not want this to happen: http://11foot8.com/rv-gets-close-shave-11foot8-bridge/
Seven Gable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 05:29 AM   #235
truth

Ive had this same issue with my 336bhs. My guess was the issue was from the jacks being fully extended?? What does everyone use for cribbing? Thanks!
Old 04-09-2017, 05:35 PM   #236

Opened it up yesterday to get ready for the season. First trip to Otter Lake in PA next week. I had ordered the second ac. (Dometic Brisk II 13.5). So with temps in the 70s I tackled the install today. The kit from Rvpartscountry.com came with everything. Really everything. All I needed was a few feet of romex and some wire nuts to go from the junction box in the Cougars ceiling to the box on the ac. Install took most of the day. Getting all the lap sealent off the roof from the vent was prob the worst part. Close second was getting the ac on the roof. Pleased to say no real surprises, not very often that's the case. Something usually requires some type of rigging or persuasion. Only minor problem was the original ducted ac vent in the bedroom was about 1" too close to the space needed for the internal control panel. A mat knife and some careful trimming (old vent now has one flat side) and everything looks great. So buying the unit on sale, shipped, cost me a little over $500. Dealer wanted $1500 and change to do it. Local RV sales place (not Cougar dealer) wanted $900 plus for just the parts. I'm gonna tell the DW see owes me at least $500 maybe more.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:40 AM   #237
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336 View Post
Opened it up yesterday to get ready for the season. First trip to Otter Lake in PA next week. I had ordered the second ac. (Dometic Brisk II 13.5). So with temps in the 70s I tackled the install today. The kit from Rvpartscountry.com came with everything. Really everything. All I needed was a few feet of romex and some wire nuts to go from the junction box in the Cougars ceiling to the box on the ac. Install took most of the day. Getting all the lap sealent off the roof from the vent was prob the worst part. Close second was getting the ac on the roof. Pleased to say no real surprises, not very often that's the case. Something usually requires some type of rigging or persuasion. Only minor problem was the original ducted ac vent in the bedroom was about 1" too close to the space needed for the internal control panel. A mat knife and some careful trimming (old vent now has one flat side) and everything looks great. So buying the unit on sale, shipped, cost me a little over $500. Dealer wanted $1500 and change to do it. Local RV sales place (not Cougar dealer) wanted $900 plus for just the parts. I'm gonna tell the DW see owes me at least $500 maybe more.
Good to hear you "gotter" done without any hiccups and by yourself. I know how difficult and time consuming removing old lap sealent off the roof. Installed a MaxxAir fan on a vent last month and the sealant cleanup part took a few hours. The install, maybe an hour. The dealer quoted me almost $300 to install it based on 2.0 hours of labor. No way on God's creation could they get the whole job done in 2 hours. It took me greater than 4 and I had the wife on the roof tearing up her hands too. At least I know my install was done right and I'm sure you do too. Thanks for sharing.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:59 AM   #238
Chaz55

Anyone know what kind of electric awning we have?
I'm currently camping and had an issue. It seems to extent fine but it's sooooo slow in the retract mode. The motor keeps stopping and seems to overheat. Lucky I got it tolled up halfway before the wind took it off by rolling it partly in but I did it by going the wrong way. Now I gotta figure out how to get this thing all the way in for the ride home.
Help!!!
Chaz55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:30 PM   #239
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz55 View Post
Anyone know what kind of electric awning we have?
I'm currently camping and had an issue. It seems to extent fine but it's sooooo slow in the retract mode. The motor keeps stopping and seems to overheat. Lucky I got it tolled up halfway before the wind took it off by rolling it partly in but I did it by going the wrong way. Now I gotta figure out how to get this thing all the way in for the ride home.
Help!!!
Is your battery fully charged?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:27 AM   #240
Kennedyrck

Cougar 336 BHS outside kitchen sink

I have a Cougar 336 BHS with the outside kitchen. We've only had it out twice now, and after talking with the dealer their telling me the outside kitchen sink does not have a grey tank. We litterally washed our hands 6 times and the sink is backing up because there is no where for the water to go other than in the 1 1/4" pipe. I'm really kinda mad because I feel as if I've been deceived. There is a drain valve and handle and a sticker that says grey tank, but there isn't one. I was so confused at first, thinking it was plugged or something. But they say that's just the way it is. I think that's completely rediculous. The kitchen is basically a refrigerator that I could take from my garage and plug in at the campsite if I really wanted it and a sink that doesn't drain to anywhere. I might as well just wash my hands at a hose bib. I can't imagine what the itemized cost of the kitchen that we paid for, but it's really nothing. I could have saved myself about 8' of trailer and a lot of money not getting the kitchen. I'm just wondering if there's room for a tank to be added? I could drain into my portable tank or just onto the ground or in a bucket, but that's not the point. Lao I live in California and I'm sure with this Liberal state if I was draining into the ground I would be fined heavily. Has anyone else ran into this problem or others with the unit itself? I'm having issues with the automatic leveling system as well. Supposed to be state of the art system, another costly option that doesn't work. Thanks for listening!
Kennedyrck is offline   Reply With Quote