Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2018, 06:55 AM   #1
Sulphur1

Help with cable slide adjustment

After spending a lot of time looking through posts, utube & Accuslide manual just cannot get the out adjustment right on our Cougar large slideout Help!
Have been successful getting outside verical / flat on seals, but not the same on the inside. Whatever I do getting the slide to end up vertical against the opening when fully out eludes me. Is this meant to happen?
There is no reference where to start with chain adjustment.
I am able to get the required 1" play in the cables for both inside & outside slde position.
I'm ending up with the inside T-bars at maximum out (chain & cables) and the opposite for the outside T-bars (maximum in with chain & cables).
Appreciate any advice as no technicians near current location in Australia.
Sulphur1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 03:47 PM   #2
Sulphur1

Anyone? Appreciate some help!
Old 10-03-2018, 05:17 PM   #3
slow

The adjustment procedure is easy if you do not over think it as you will be tempted to do with the label info and the instructions.

The objective of the adjustment is to obtain an equal amount of slack on the loose cables in the open and retracted position.

That means that when the slide is open, you adjust the cables that are exposed to the outside of the TT.

When the slide is closed, you adjust the cable tension for the cables inside the TT.

The amount of slack is approximately 1/2" of cable movement at its mid point of free length when applying about 3 to 5 pounds of force.
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 05:58 PM   #4
roadglide

Must not be to easy my dealer couldn't adjust my slides . My cables are different tightness by inch play . My slide closes good but it's very out of adjustment . I think the chain on the left side is out a couple of links . I hade to redo after the dealer finished adding nuts to the bolt end of the chain to take slack out . My big slide is sloppy loose on the left cables inside. How can you reach the adjustments with the slide in your not supposed it . I'm only concerned with the slide clouseing the same pressure and not jerking inside measurement closed is over 1 1/2 different From each side something maybe out of square remember the quality control is terrible.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 03:07 AM   #5
Sulphur1

Thanks slow & roadglide for your replies. I have adjusted as you have described slow. Thing is I'm out of adjustment when in the out position (chain in max & both sides on the BTM), so the long slide is at a lean with bottom about 1/2" out. Like roadglide's it closes good against the outside seal so have equal pressure on them and also the 1" cable slack in both directions. I have also thought of getting longer screws & adding nuts. The 7 min guy on YouTube maybe has given a clue. At one point he briefly mentions changing the chain position on the cogs. I'm going to try this when I get back home in a couple of weeks so will report back then. I thinks it's important to be able to do yourself especially if breaking a cable in the scrub (boonies). Cheers Jon
Old 01-19-2019, 05:17 PM   #6
Sulphur1

Help with cable slide adjustment

I have tried everything to get the long slide (12' 6") to rest vertical when fully out against the wall opening of our 2011 Cougar HC.
I spoke to Norco / Accuslide technician in Ca who suggested moving chain positions one tooth & max bottom cable tension, jacking up slideout to be flat against wall & then adjust cable tension (not in any manual). This worked until 3x2/jacks were removed.
Am wondering if it's something to do with the bottom pivot point (roller position) that DaveW was looking into in another thread. May be slide is too long for this system?
Short bedroom slide has been no problem.

Tags
cable, slide