Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2018, 10:24 AM   #11
BadmanRick

No bullet Premier TT that I know of drains into the black tank. Only the toilet drains into the black tank. All sinks and showers drain into the gray tank. I think that is government regulated. If the bathroom sink drains into the black tank to would smell all the time. Especially when the water in the trap is empty.

BadmanRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:37 AM   #12
WNY Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadmanRick View Post
No bullet Premier TT that I know of drains into the black tank. Only the toilet drains into the black tank. All sinks and showers drain into the gray tank. I think that is government regulated. If the bathroom sink drains into the black tank to would smell all the time. Especially when the water in the trap is empty.
BadmanRick,

I wish that was the case! Mine dumps into the black stack located in the closet right behind the sink. If i run water in my sink (yes I tested it) the black tank levels rise.

WNY Bullet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:00 PM   #13
TJTx

My 2017.5 Alpine 3401RS bathroom sink drains to the black tank as well. I guess the designers figure your hands are fecally after using the toilet.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:35 PM   #14
MotownJG

I haven't paid attention to my 2009 Keystone Copper Canyon black tank indicators since I bought it. Empty it every time at the RV destination and it always shows full no matter how I flush it out.

But then, I've never had it back up into the bathroom neither (thank goodness!). YMMV.
MotownJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:21 PM   #15
travelin texans

[QUOTE=BadmanRick;308523]No bullet Premier TT that I know of drains into the black tank. Only the toilet drains into the black tank. All sinks and showers drain into the gray tank. I think that is government regulated. If the bathroom sink drains into the black tank to would smell all the time. Especially when the water in the trap is empty.[/TE]

You meant to say "non regulated" right.
There are several entry level rvs that have sinks drain into the black tanks.
The regulated part is regardless how many sinks drain with a toilet it has to be designated a "black" tank.
If you have smell at a sink it's not because it drains into the black tank but rather a problem with a P trap or the Hepvo trap. Most times the galley grey tank, while draining, can smell as bad or worse than the black.

Danny & Linda
Fulltime since '08
2013 Redwood 36FB (FOR SALE)
2013 Denali 3500 DRW D/A
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:50 PM   #16
svt

If you just drain your tanks and its shows you 2/3 its your sensors. It will take long time for rain to fill your tank true 2" pipe probably 1 1/2 pipe. I never look at my sensors i know how much i can survive on my tanks. plus minus day. Plus black tank easy to check. I wouldn't even worry about that.
svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:02 AM   #17
mazboy

forget your indicators! what a waste of money.

you need to learn when it is time to dump. in our 5th wheel...larger, we can go full time 2 weeks before we need to durmp. what is it for you?????
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:26 AM   #18
flybouy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadmanRick View Post
Rick, I don't know the regulations but logically it would be the other way. I think if any toilet drains into a tank it becomes a black water tank. Take any septic system, whether leach field or holding tank or combo of both, all water drains down a common pipe in a sticks and bricks building. Years ago, you could drain gray water directly on the ground. Many homes, especially those that had a poor leaching field (i.e. the material under ground didn't let water absorb quickly) would let their washing machine drain on the surface to prevent the septic system from filling too quickly. With the introduction of phosphates into cleaners the government stopped that. Then they later banned the use of phosphates. Anyone that lived thru that period of history will remember how ineffective detergents were until the industry reformulated .

Tags
black tank, tank