Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2019, 06:36 AM   #21
Lpmt

Yeah, we pumped the brakes after we got the essentials like surge protector, pressure regulator, etc. Then we just made a list of the nice to haves and will prioritize them, they will make good gift ideas. I just want the great white north to warm up so I can de-winterize her!
Lpmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:46 PM   #22
Maxpowers

Ain’t that the truth.

Go buy something after you need it or you can spend thousands on things you think you need.

All you really need is your truck, keys and your favourite allies.

Oh ya and some bevi’s!
Maxpowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:47 AM   #23
steve james

22 rbs

We too just bought a 22rbswe, got it home and the awning wouldn't retract , the gearing in the motor spun and had to be replaced. took it on a 950 mile trip and had a blast. towed well and made our week so enjoyable. beats the tent we spent 14years in !!!
steve james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:32 AM   #24
Bamabox

Congrats. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have enjoyed our 2017 XLite 21RBS. Not sure what the differences are, but I don’t think much. Perfect camper for the DW and I. Guess that’s why they call it a couples camper. Duh.

2015 Ram 3500 SLT 5.7 Hemi
Bamabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 09:32 AM   #25
kjohn

Bamabox: We had a new 2017 21 RBS. We now have a 2019 22RBS Eastern version. Some differences: no drawers at the foot of the bed on the backside of the sink, no utensil drawer on the right side of stove, two piece cover for sinks, stove top cover, rounded shower enclosure, bigger dinette window that slides open instead of the crank opener, 30 lb propane tanks, electric stabilizers, inCommand control, front window (Eastern), electric tank heaters, and maybe a couple others. I won't give my opinion on the changes, so as to not start a slagging contest. It was recommended that we use stabilizer stands for the slide, so I do. They are a simple stand made with threaded rod, a nut with a lever welded on, a pipe with a small base.

We would have been satisfied to keep our 21RBS, but ran into a structural problem. Keystone and the dealer got together and offered us a new 2019 22RBSE for a reasonable sum, so here we are!
Old 06-27-2019, 09:34 AM   #26
kjohn

I should also say that we are quite happy with our trailer.
Old 06-27-2019, 09:56 AM   #27
Lpmt

Just out of curiosity, what was the reasoning for the srsbikizer under the slide? Will it get out of joint if not supported?
Old 06-27-2019, 09:57 AM   #28
Lpmt

Stabilizer.....silly thumb
Old 06-27-2019, 10:00 AM   #29
MarkEHansen

I was always told to never use stabilizers under the slides - that this can cause serious structural issues if the trailer should settle more than the slide stabilizers do.
Old 06-27-2019, 09:17 PM   #30
kjohn

Rack and pinion slide mechanism. I don't use them long term, just campground. No opinion on this, just do what the dealership suggested.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:51 AM   #31
Bamabox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohn View Post
Bamabox: We had a new 2017 21 RBS. We now have a 2019 22RBS Eastern version. Some differences: no drawers at the foot of the bed on the backside of the sink, no utensil drawer on the right side of stove, two piece cover for sinks, stove top cover, rounded shower enclosure, bigger dinette window that slides open instead of the crank opener, 30 lb propane tanks, electric stabilizers, inCommand control, front window (Eastern), electric tank heaters, and maybe a couple others. I won't give my opinion on the changes, so as to not start a slagging contest. It was recommended that we use stabilizer stands for the slide, so I do. They are a simple stand made with threaded rod, a nut with a lever welded on, a pipe with a small base.

We would have been satisfied to keep our 21RBS, but ran into a structural problem. Keystone and the dealer got together and offered us a new 2019 22RBSE for a reasonable sum, so here we are!
Curious as to what your structural problem was with the 21RBS. Whenever I hear something like that, it makes me think design flaw, so of course i’m Interested as to what it was. And guessing it was pretty significant to make Keystone and the Dealer get you out of it for safety sake I assume. Thanks.

2015 Ram 3500 SLT 5.7 Hemi
Bamabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 08:12 AM   #32
kjohn

Bamabox: Simply put, the floor was giving out. PM me if you want a more detailed description. The original thread went south.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:24 PM   #33
LDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpmt View Post
We love it, spending our first weekend in it right now! I pull it with a 2018 Nissan titan sv
I also have a Titan SV 4X4. Do you feel you have plenty of truck to tow the
22 RBS? I was looking at the similar model in the Passport, but really like the King Bed in the Cougar, and was just curious.

Thanks
LDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 01:17 PM   #34
steve james

Hey LDM, I pull our 22 with a 2012 Tundra 5.7L 4wd, I was hoping to replace it with a Dodge or Chevy diesel but after our 3rd trip can't justify the reason. The Tundra did an excellent job and I'm really happy with it's performance. Wish the gas tank larger but that's okay. We to chose the Cougar not only for the king size bed but some of the other items like the 8 cu ft refer, 2" hitch ,15k a/c and some other details. besides I think the interior and exterior looks really good. I think you will be surprised how well the Titan will work pulling your 22, you shouldn't have any problems, good choice. Oh we also went with a Anderson Hitch , works great also.
steve james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:58 AM   #35
Cougar Jim

Closet modifications

The closets on either side of the king bed are useless for hanging clothes so we bought several plastic bins from Walmart and stack them in each closet with various clothing items.

The rear closet inside the entry door was also useless until I removed the shelf and raised the bar so hanging clothes don’t drag on the shelf.

Now I need to make the arm rests moveable to be able to use that area. Behind the recliners we store “folding pull-up trays for eating”.

The KVH satellite is stored in the shower when traveling.
Cougar Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 10:56 AM   #36
kjohn

Cougar Jim: We found that hanging clothes was a waste of time and space, so I added a couple of shelves in the rear closet. That's where we keep canned goods and other 'stuff'.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:00 AM   #37
Grand Haven

2021 Cougar 22RBS Eastern
We took delivery a month ago, after running a 2019 GeoPro 17PR with a queen murphy bed and queen fold out.
Loving the 22RBS with the larger King bed, slide out theatre seating, larger porcelain toilet, huge shower and a bathroom large enough to get dressed in.
No issues after 3 trips and 12 nights except a leaking grey water valve since the 1st night.
Grand Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:16 AM   #38
skids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpmt View Post
Thanks! We are just getting our stuff into it and trying to get the inside organized. It's still snowing up here so haven't been able to de-winterize yet. This site is filling my head with ideas....too many ideas!
When you do dewinterize, do yourself a favor: The manufacturer cuts holes in the fresh water tank. Plastic bits fall into tank and will get into your water pump to screw it up. Rinse your fresh water tank thoroughly prior turning on the water pump!

Item two. It is easy to accidentally flip on the wall switch for the water heater. With no water in the tank, you ca burn out the electrical element. Open the fuse/breaker panel and switch off the breaker for the water heater (until the tank is no longer bypassed, rinsed, filled, and ready to heat.)
Old 10-28-2022, 09:37 AM   #39
Cougar Jim

Lets revisit the 22RBS

2019 22RBS bought new with now over 26500 travel miles.

The latest problems that happened this summer is the slide out with recliners are digging into the vinyl floor 6 inches before the slide is retracted and there is water dripping under the kitchen faucet when the pump is on or hooked to campground water.

I have a mobile tech coming to see if the slide can be adjusted on November 8th.
Cougar Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 11:02 AM   #40
Steveo57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar Jim View Post
2019 22RBS bought new with now over 26500 travel miles.

The latest problems that happened this summer is the slide out with recliners are digging into the vinyl floor 6 inches before the slide is retracted and there is water dripping under the kitchen faucet when the pump is on or hooked to campground water.

I have a mobile tech coming to see if the slide can be adjusted on November 8th.
I put some PVC trim strips down on the floor so it rides on them. The edge of my slide out floor was rubbing slightly on the floor and starting to wear the darco on the slide floor edge. I just sweep the floor and then lay them down before we pull the slide in. Then when it's out I pick them up and store them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210512_184251170.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	274.2 KB
ID:	42152  
Steveo57 is offline   Reply With Quote