Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 04:30 PM   #41
LarrySharon

Location: Rainier, Oregon but my heart is still in Arizona and my wife's heart is in Oregon.
HERE IS A EMAIL THAT I GOT THE OTHER DAY WHEN I REGISTERED MY CONCERN. sorry IT IS SO LONG.
When I came to this country as an infant I had no idea what would be in store for me. A place where most get a chance to succeed. With a loving family and a ton of luck I was given my shot. Now the road wasn't as easy as some think. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth but I was more fortunate than others in the sense of having two great parents, a roof, always food and clothing and provided a good education. During those years I had my own internal struggle like most do. Struggles that are kept secret in some cases and others than are out for all to see. As a kid, I was bullied. Now that doesn't make me special or require any special privilege but it does stick with you. As I grew up I knew I needed to be someone and do something. It was the only way I could prove to myself and others that I was worth more than they thought of me but quite frankly needed for my own mental health. I am much more insecure than people know. I get depressed, sad, scared etc. but who cares we all do. Over the last 15 years I have been blessed to be part of building a business with people that believed in me. Something new for me. I was given a chance to build something that I could leave as a lasting legacy. Even though I started experiencing success, I never quite felt fulfilled. It's not about the money. I felt like I needed to do more, to contribute more. Thru those years I made mistakes. A lot of them. Struggled with personal relationships, mistreated friends, etc. I suppose that's human but I couldn't understand why. The last five years I spent my time working on my business but also dedicated my life to small business. It was a way for me to help the underdog. I never did it for the money or the attention but rather to fill a void. I felt like I had to do it to payback a place that gave me a break. I made plenty of mistakes during this process as well. Trusted people who I shouldn't have, made deals I shouldn't have and sometimes did it for the wrong reason. But who cares, we all make mistakes. Over the last year I have, or at least I thought had, really grown. It's funny but in my mind, I had grown up. I felt like I needed to consider how serious things got around here. Everything became intense and confrontational. Skin started to thicken, tensions started to rise and heels dug in. I suppose it's more of a protective measure for me and probably others as well. Now in this moment no one person was to blame for this. I started having sensory overload. I'm sure over the last year I felt the need to be more careful, be less trusting and I maybe didn't even know it was happening. You watch tv and everyone is arguing. Yes, everyone. You drive in your car and everyone is aggressive. And mistakes are made. As a child being bullied didn't make me different or special it made me more sensitive, more forgiving, more focused and helping.
As I continued over the last several months to read, listen and observe I noticed that my conviction was weakening. I felt like I needed to just accept the way things are and move on. Which felt like a mistake.
If you have noticed I have said mistake a bunch of times and I'm sure there are typos and grammar mistakes all over this free form written document. Sometimes those mistakes come out of my mouth.
The mistake I made in the last week was not being clear.
Do I wish that there was more speed of clarity and conviction around the violence? Yes
Do I think that hate and violence has taken over everywhere, yes?
Do I think one person is to blame? No
Do I think that there are two sides to every story? Yes
While I stand strong on my position that violence, hate, bigotry is unacceptable from anyone regardless of what side you are on and that all of us need to be accountable, only I am accountable for my actions.
Last week I gave my opinion on what had happened. I made the mistake of letting my fear and emotion talk about subjects that I shouldn't have. As the CEO of a business, I am responsible to take care of the people that work there. I opened my mouth and put them in harm’s way. While I know, that the headline published was taken out of context and I have to live with that. there should have never been a headline and I gave a chance to live.
My apology is sincere. It is to my employees who have been forced to deal with this. I am nothing without you. I am here to serve, guide and protect you. I will work harder. Please forgive me. Please don't punish them.
I apologize to anyone who has supported their cause, their political preference, their candidate, their beliefs. I was Not raised this way and have always been taught to respect everyone. This is a free county and my fears shouldn't be projected on anyone. I am asking for your forgiveness. I should have not disrespected that and will not again.
I apologize to the people who have followed my show for years and have said they have learned so much and are inspired, who now say that have been let down and will never trust me again.
I DO NOT apologize to anyone who is in favor or hate, violence, bigotry or racism. And I will do my part to help eliminate it from both sides. One way I do that is by being an example. You are the reason I made this mistake. You took my common sense away and purpose. I will not let you beat me or beat me down.
I am a man of conviction. Most of the time it's what people like about me. In this case it's quite the opposite.
I have not written this because I worry about what it means to me financially, because that's normally the response I hear when I say I'm sorry.
I have written this because I know what has been my purpose up to now, which is to help people and I want to be able to continue that.
People make mistakes. Obviously, this past week I'm the poster child.
Sincerely from my heart,
Marcus Lemonis

Larry/Sharon Ellison
U.S. Navy Retired
Retired from Armstrong World Industries
Retired Period, But Not From Life
2007 Toyota Tundra
2017 Keystone Hideout 22KBSWE
Old 08-30-2017, 05:28 PM   #42
JRTJH
Site Team

LarrySharon,

That is the same letter that I referenced, the same letter that sourdough linked and the same letter that fatcatzzz discussed. Nothing new there that isn't already linked and available in the responses in this thread.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 08-31-2017, 04:05 AM   #43
Javi

As I said earlier... Ain't gonna spend another dime in CW, GS or any of his other businesses..

Funny thing... The DW said that she doesn't think he said those things even after listening to the interview several times... And that she will continue to go there... I said.... are you going to start driving ?
Old 08-31-2017, 05:08 AM   #44
5J's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg9381 View Post
The demographics don't matter. When you make any diversive statement like this, you're going to alienate at least some portion of customer base... That's why you shut up, smile, and talk about RV's - not religion or politics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I started to click on the "thanks" button in your post, but thought that everyone, not just you, needed to know that I think what you said is "right on the money" and should be the "mantra" for any businessman. If you want me to spend my money to keep you in business, then don't belittle me or my beliefs, otherwise, I'll spend my money with your competition.

Thanks for posting the two "off limits topics": religion and politics......

I agree with you both 100%. The point I was trying to make is if you're going to make a statement, which you shouldn't, then you should at least know the audience you are serving.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:08 AM   #45
dcg9381

Quote:

Thanks for posting the two "off limits topics": religion and politics......
I'll work on it... Thanks for reminding me.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:37 AM   #46
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
I'll work on it... Thanks for reminding me.
I wasn't criticizing, please don't take it that way !!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 08-31-2017, 12:32 PM   #47
dcg9381

10-4! (thanks for the clarification)
Old 08-31-2017, 01:23 PM   #48
B-O-B'03

Quote:
The demographics don't matter. When you make any diversive statement like this, you're going to alienate at least some portion of customer base... That's why you shut up, smile, and talk about RV's - not religion or politics.
+1

The same goes for entertainers and sport figures, just do what we are paying you for and keep your opinions to yourself.

-Brian
Old 08-31-2017, 07:03 PM   #49
LarrySharon

Location: Rainier, Oregon but my heart is still in Arizona and my wife's heart is in Oregon.
Quote:
LarrySharon,

That is the same letter that I referenced, the same letter that sourdough linked and the same letter that fatcatzzz discussed. Nothing new there that isn't already linked and available in the responses in this thread.
Sorry, didn't intend to offend you with an actual email that I received...

Larry/Sharon Ellison
U.S. Navy Retired
Retired from Armstrong World Industries
Retired Period, But Not From Life
2007 Toyota Tundra
2017 Keystone Hideout 22KBSWE
Old 08-31-2017, 07:31 PM   #50
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrySharon View Post
Sorry, didn't intend to offend you with an actual email that I received...
No offense taken, it's just that the same letter had been posted 3 times (in links to the document) and one more time, well, how many "one mores" are necessary?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 09-19-2017, 08:41 AM   #51
ADQ K9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185 View Post
Will add CW to the list with Starbucks, Gander Mountain, Time, CNN, CNBC, PMSNBC, RT, Al Jazeera, Mexico, Airbus aircraft and Target. Buh-bye...

One more step in the process to simplify life.
PMSNBC !!!!!!! LOL love it Right there with you
Connected by a Curt 15K WDH W/Sway Control
Old 09-19-2017, 09:26 AM   #52
Dave W

I just trashed the current CW flyer and without doing any more then looking at the cover to see where it was from. I will admit to using my Good Sam card over the last month though as that 10% savings will go to parts purchases elsewhere, i.e AMAZON who's CEO is also another gov't/administration basher but not quite as visibly. I also no longer visit the GS RV forum (hadn't for a while as it gets nasty at times)
Old 09-19-2017, 10:05 AM   #53
cardinal96ss

We are done with Camping World. Since Good Sam is affiliated, done with them too.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:26 AM   #54
kfxgreenie

How many did not watch football yesterday? The NFL practically did the same thing as CW. The CEO of the business took a political stance and then many of the Franchise owners and employee's also took a stance. No matter how you look at it they alienated half of their customers.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:57 AM   #55
fatcatzzz

I did not watch football yesterday and won't as long as this crap is expressed during the game. Do the players have the right to protest, ABSOLUTLY, I just don't want to see it during the game. Just like I don't want to hear Marcus Lemonis spew his politics.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:44 AM   #56
ncgrl1

I suddenly feel like family!
Old 09-25-2017, 06:47 AM   #57
kfxgreenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcatzzz View Post
I did not watch football yesterday and won't as long as this crap is expressed during the game. Do the players have the right to protest, ABSOLUTLY, I just don't want to see it during the game. Just like I don't want to hear Marcus Lemonis spew his politics.
10-4 I agree 100%. Actresses and Actors have also turned my TV off plenty of times. I leave the TV on after the 10:00 P.M. weather as I fall asleep, but once the Colbert show comes on I can wake up from a dead sleep and shut that TV off.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:11 AM   #58
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcatzzz View Post

Agree 100%! Folks get completely full of politics and "crap" from every direction every day. We (used to) turn on our favorite team to get away from it all and enjoy a good game. Now, the owners and league, want to interject that same vitriol into what is supposed to be a fun time to get away from it all. They can keep their games. I hope others do the same and just turn them off. They can have whatever views they want but they don't need to use the games as a way to voice them....or their contempt for the country.....or the flag.....JMO.

Edit: that comment was very close to political...sort of, but not meant that way. Just an observation about our current social situation and the way it tied back to the comments that Marcus Lemonis made.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:15 AM   #59
Javi

NFL.... Click...
Old 09-25-2017, 08:10 AM   #60
Dave W

Good ol' NFL (National Felons League??) lost my interest years back when they expanded to the point of insensibility. I would occasionally watch Monday night for a few minutes years back but even that bored me to great crocodile tears. Heck, I wont even watch the Superless Bowl. 300 pound, near 7 foot tall behemoths running into the like size on the other side just isn't fun any longer. Like or dislike Trump is a personal thing, but disrespecting our flag country is just plain stupidity with hundreds of thousands over the years giving their lives so these morons can live the mythical 1 percenter's life until they and their retinue pee it away.
Closed Thread