Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2019, 06:22 AM   #1
B&T_NF-NY

New tires - new rims?

Hi all, Happy owner of 2017 summerland 2200mb. Question - our RV tires will be 3 years old this year and after this season we'll be replacing them with load range Ds. Will my current rims be suitable for the next load range / tire pressure? Thanks for any and all help . . . B&T
B&T_NF-NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:34 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Look at the backs of your wheels. Hopefully they are stamped with either the max pressure or psi that they can handle which will tell you what load range tire you can run.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:04 AM   #3
B&T_NF-NY

Thanks Sourdough, I checked the rims and unfortunately the only markings were 0916. I assume that's the manufacture date. The rims are stock silver painted steel rims that are common on keystones. Sorry I'm not good at putting pictures up��
Old 03-03-2019, 10:13 AM   #4
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&T_NF-NY View Post
Thanks Sourdough, I checked the rims and unfortunately the only markings were 0916. I assume that's the manufacture date. The rims are stock silver painted steel rims that are common on keystones. Sorry I'm not good at putting pictures up��

The manufacturer of the wheel/rim MUST identify themselves on the wheel. Could be on the inside. Ask Keystone, they will know.

In any case, make sure you change the valve stems. All steel construction ones are recommended for all trailers with tire replacements. (USTMA)
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:23 AM   #5
ChuckS

Take a look see here. You should be able to identify your wheels from the pics ... perhaps a Sendel T03 but I don’t have pic of your wheel to compare

Once you identify your wheel then go to wheel website and you can get specs on wheel there.

https://www.trekwood.com/parts-searc...23+%2F+Keyword

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:17 PM   #6
B&T_NF-NY

Hi guys, I located a similar wheel (rim) on etrailer.com under the manufacturer Taskmaster Steel Modular Trailer Wheel - 15" x 5" Rim - 5 on 4-1/2 - Silver
Item # 550545SM1 As far as I could tell it allows either C or D load range tires. Strangely enough, only the tires associated with the rim stated the psi rating. I also intended to switch to metal valve stems - thanks though for that advice. Will do more research in the upcoming season. Now to find a reliable tire . . . Carlisle, Goodyear ? ? I'm open to advice, thanks again. One final thought, my intent is getting a stronger more reliable tire, NOT to force the RV to carry more weight. Have a happy and safe camping season to all of you.

Tags
tires