Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2013, 05:33 AM   #1
dogger

Bar Stools in the Fuzion 342

We are looking to purchase a new 2013 Fuzion 342. We were wondering if it should have the Bar Stools in it, or it doesn't come with them. It has every package you can get, and the brochure makes it look like there is stools for the island, but the unit we are looking at doesn't have them. What other loose items should be in the trailer besides central vac kit, power cord, remote controls, tables???

We have previously owned a Fleetwood trailer, a Heartland trailer, and now seriously thinking of the Keystone unit. Our Hearland was a Big Country and we loved it, and quality was very good. I am hoping we have as much luck with this should we go ahead with the purchase.

Thanks
dogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
howdy
Permanent User Ban

Our bar stools were wrapped in plastic and were sitting in the closet in the front bedroom. I imagine they still come with them, but you never know what design changes they make to save a dollar. We also have the table in the living room that has the 3 aluminum poles that mount to the floor and table top. Now they just give you that stupid fold up table with the curved legs, so that if you breath on it it will fall over.
howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
dogger

Thanks Howdy, this one has the stupid looking table with the folding legs. That was probably one of the things that turns me off on the trailer when looking at it on the dealer lot. There is so many nice things, then these crappy tables. If the deal goes through, I will have to invest in those aluminum pockets and make the tables like yours has.

As for the stools, they are no where to be found. They seem to have lost the airbed also. Hence why I am asking what other loose items should be there.

Cheers,
Old 05-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
howdy
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogger View Post
Thanks Howdy, this one has the stupid looking table with the folding legs. That was probably one of the things that turns me off on the trailer when looking at it on the dealer lot. There is so many nice things, then these crappy tables. If the deal goes through, I will have to invest in those aluminum pockets and make the tables like yours has.

As for the stools, they are no where to be found. They seem to have lost the airbed also. Hence why I am asking what other loose items should be there.

Cheers,
Should also probably have that flexible tool that will retract your slides should they not want to come in under power.

We had so many remotes. I believe 7
1 for each TV (3)
fireplace (1)
Sound bar (1)
Stereo (1)

Seems like there was another remote for something else.

Don't forget sink covers. They slipped my mind during the PDI and have have been trying to get my dealer to get them from Keystone for the past 6 months. For some reason there were none in the trailer. I need to call the dealer again tomorrow and find out if they have heard back from Keystone as to the status.

Those fold up tables make no sense. The one they gave us for the garge is stored up in my attic. We went down to Costco and bought a longer,wider, sturdier table that folds in half for storage, that we use between the convertible bed/dinnette in the garage.
howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #5
dogger

Thanks again Howdy. Looks like we are going to take this unit. I like everything about it except those tables. They look like an accident waiting to happen, I could see spilt drinks everywhere. Other than that it suits our needs better than any other unit layout wise I have seen. We made a list of things that need to be taken care of prior to delivery.

We have the sink covers, and all the above metioned items. The dealer is calling the factory to ask about stools as they need to get a few other trim items.

Yes, that is alot of remotes. I think I will get some adhesive backed velcro to put them in their respective spots.

Cheers,
Old 05-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
dpcrf450

The tables work for us and provide multi use. We store them under the garage mattress while traveling. Awesome trailer
dpcrf450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #7
1bacamaro

Our 381 didn't come with any also. We don't like tables also so we found these at bed bath and beyond.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	3082  
1bacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #8
40 Acres

Should have two stools, two "tipsy tables", 8 remotes, 3 ladders, vac kit, garage carpet, the flexible slide override tool and 10 lbs of manuals, lol. Awning crank too unless unit isn't equipped with rear patio awning system or is new enough to have electric patio awning.

The tables aren't the most stable design around, but they are versatile. We use them inside, outside, on the deck etc. Like a previous poster we carry them under the upper bed mattress.

If you are still shopping, look for as late a '13 or even a '14 since those are hitting the dealers. I've noticed quite a few little upgrades that Keystone makes ZERO mention of on the website. The deck awning becoming electric irritated me a little and I noticed the system remote is now listed as 8 functions. Not sure what the 3 extra functions are though. Otherwise some outlets have been added, new wooden shades on main slide, revised slide ceiling trim/lighting, bottle opener, wine rack above microwave and the exterior ladder is a fold away type that no longer needs to be detached. New wheel style as well in comparison to my October build 342.
40 Acres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:24 AM   #9
1bacamaro

Just got my 381 and it has all those things u listed.
1bacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:32 AM   #10
dogger

Thanks 40 Acres, that is exactly the info I was looking for. We have gone ahead with the deal and are looking forward to taking delivery!
Old 05-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #11
40 Acres

I think you will be very impressed with your 342. We've had ours out a couple times now and it just pleases us more and more. We moved up from a lower priced Keystone bunkhouse/outside kitchen 5er and I don't even look back at this point. Our previous unit was almost flawless, so as long as this one treats us the same I expect many excellent adventures with it. We had considered a 322, but waiting payed dividends when we saw the 342. I wanted to stay with my SRW one ton and didn't want to deal with a 40+ foot tri axle. The 342 seems to be the perfect intermediate sized hauler in my eyes. We carry two motorcycles and also have a younger daughter. The loft is an important asset for us that the smaller/older floorplans didn't offer unless you went BIG. If we need to keep the bikes loaded we can and our daughter still has a bed without breaking down the sofa. When the bikes are out she has a bunk house that's much larger than the one she had before.

Other random thoughts on this model....wife loves counter/cabinet space: tons of room and the pantry is pretty sufficient too. Once you get the hang of playing with all the audio remotes etc. the sound system is pretty darn good. The wireless sub works well and if you keep the storage compartment door open it even complements the exterior speakers quite nicely. 6 way leveling IS the holy grail, lol. It really is that awesome in my opinion. Close 2nd might be the LED awnings. Amazing how well they light up the side of the rig and your awning area with NO setup. Fit and finish on my unit has been excellent so far. Really pleased at how well everything seems put together. Need more trips though to shake it down thoroughly. Get an adjustable duct for the heat vent in the bathroom. This rig suffers from the bathroom sauna effect due to furnace placement.

Lastly, congrats and enjoy your new rig!
40 Acres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:12 AM   #12
Retired CSIGuy

Wink Don't be afraid

Our 383 came with. If the dealer says they are extra, tell the dealer to throw them in or walk away. No reason they can't throw in a couple cheap stools when you are spending that kind of money. Don't be afraid to tell these dealers how the cow ate the cabbage. I got my 16klb hitch thrown in, and a $3k extended warr thrown in, AFTER we'd settled on a price. I worked dealers in several states against each other and got a smokin' deal. Had to go to Missouri to pick it up but it was way worth it and we just made an RV vacation out of it.
Yamaha RSV-S
Retired CSIGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:08 AM   #13
Loriv247

We love our 342!! Congrats!! One thing I wish it had was a stove cover like the raptor 310, but that's minor
Old 05-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #14
dogger

We have found that there is lots of counter space, so we don't miss having the stove cover.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #15
Loriv247

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogger View Post
We have found that there is lots of counter space, so we don't miss having the stove cover.
Very true! This rig has the most counter space out of all the units we have ever rented/borrowed