Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2017, 04:25 AM   #1
bigsnowman

300MP Amplified Television Antenna Switch

First off, we just bought a pristine 2012 300 MP and love it so far! Also, thanks to everyone who posts here as I've been reading much great info both before and since the purchase.

I've read in different places that the switch for the TV antenna is near the television in the master bedroom. Nope...didn't find it there. I originally thought it may be beside the television in the entertainment center as it is in our '04 Cougar but nope not there either. And now I'm at a loss on where to look. We don't watch much TV but would like to watch a race in the evening from time to time when it's on one of the networks. Any help from you great members would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
bigsnowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 05:25 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Welcome to the forum and to Keystone camping. We're glad to have you as a member.

I've read several posts that give various locations, so you might find it almost anywhere, but be assured, it's there "somewhere".... I recall a couple of recent posts that give the location as "inside an overhead cupboard in the bedroom", so you might want to check in and under your cabinets in the bedroom. Good luck !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 05:50 AM   #3
BuxCamper

Mine is part of main TV outlet which is brown. The push button itself is black. Needless to say if I hadn't stood at the right angle to see the LED lit I would not have known that was the amplifier.

-- Mark

I used a multi-billion dollar government satellite navigation system to look for a rubber chicken in a tree!

2017 Bullet 248RKS towed by a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L V8 W/ AFM
BuxCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:07 AM   #4
canesfan

Newer ones seem to be in a cabinet over the bed, but the 300MP doesn't have cabs over the bed. Not sure what they did on the 2012s but mine is up behind the bottom of the living area TV. You can't see it without bending/crouching/standing on your head. Get a flashlight and look back there. It's probably black on black on black.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:53 PM   #5
rnkburg

Mine is a 2012. My antenna booster is in the bedroom. In front of the small closet on the ceiling where the plug and the coaxial cable comes out. It's just a little black button. This would be on the entry door side of the rv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 06:17 PM   #6
bigsnowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnkburg View Post
Mine is a 2012. My antenna booster is in the bedroom. In front of the small closet on the ceiling where the plug and the coaxial cable comes out. It's just a little black button. This would be on the entry door side of the rv.

Thanks for the info. So am I correct in saying that there is a little black button only and no indicator light?
Old 05-14-2017, 06:18 PM   #7
bigsnowman

Thanks all for your input! As my wife just said, "guess that will be our mission for this weekend". I'll get my trusty flashlight fired up and go a searchin'.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:26 PM   #8
BuxCamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnowman View Post
Thanks for the info. So am I correct in saying that there is a little black button only and no indicator light?
All of the Winegard amps I've seen have a small LED light on them in addition to the switch. Some have 12 V accessory outlets which my camper unfortunately doesn't have.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I used a multi-billion dollar government satellite navigation system to look for a rubber chicken in a tree!

Old 05-14-2017, 06:30 PM   #9
bigsnowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuxCamper View Post
All of the Winegard amps I've seen have a small LED light on them in addition to the switch. Some have 12 V accessory outlets which my camper unfortunately doesn't have.

I was also thinking it has the light because on all the plates I've ever seen the red light is present.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:39 PM   #10
BuxCamper

Grab a flashlight too.

Old 05-15-2017, 03:32 AM   #11
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Okay got my daily handful of WIFI
Likely to be in bedroom ceiling where TV is mounted and likely has a single 12 VDC outlet next to it. Very Small switch with Led inside, amp on light on, amp off light off. I'd be surprised if it is not there, however in my years have been surprised before. Second location would be behind main TV. I looked at a 2012, not many changes to a 2013. Good Luck
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 03:35 AM   #12
rnkburg

Yes there is a little green light next to it. And yes there is a 12 volt plug as well to charge things with it. I will go take a picture of mine later today and show you

rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:20 AM   #13
bigsnowman

Thanks to all who posted. It's been a bit busy at the shop so I've not been around here to much over the summer. Finally got a break so I thought I would stop back and let everyone know what I found. In this case, it's what I didn't find. After checking everywhere everyone mentioned here and taking every jack cover off in the trailer, I've come to the conclusion that there is no booster making it another small project on my list.
One item that I did get taken care of was disposing of the "bonded leather" recliners that came in the trailer and replacing with a dining table that I whipped up at the shop and four swivel stools that the queen found when she was in town one day.

Thanks again and happy trails!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	diningtablecmpr.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	282.3 KB
ID:	13742  
Old 10-14-2017, 11:15 AM   #14
DMK

Very nice!

2013 Raptor 300 MP, MORryde 8K IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 940 watt solar system, 630 ah battery bank, Magnum 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter/charger, ME-ARC, ME-AGS, ME-BMK.

2005 Freightliner Century Class S/T, 14L 60 Series Detroit, 10 spd Ultrashift, w/3.73, Trailer Saver TSLB 3 bag hitch.
DMK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, television