Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
Bob_B

Angry Lemon

I've had my Copper Canyon trailer for several years, I've used it very little due to the high cost of fuel. I take two short trips a year and once to Minnesota from The Dalles, Oregon. All my miles have been on Interstate or state highways. During the years I have experienced more than my share of problems. So many in fact I really don't know the best way to post them here on this forum. I would appreciate any suggestions. I feel very strongly that a anyone planning to purchase a Keystone product read about my problems.
Bob_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

If you are interested in finding solutions to your problems, then we are interested in helping you. Over the years that you have owned your RV and experienced these multitude of problems, I am assuming that you have probably have had many or some of them fixed. We would be interested in hearing about those that still remain - if you are looking for ideas and suggestions on how best to fix them. If, however, your plan is to post a list of all the problems you have had and then conclude it with "Never buy a Keystone RV" that will accomplish nothing.
If you are here simply to use the forum as a soapbox for venting your anger and frustration with Keystone, your Copper Canyon, your dealer, or all of these, then we can't help you. Our members are not particularly interested in reading post after post of negative comments and Keystone "bashing".
Almost all of our members have expessed satisfaction with their Keystone product. That is not to say that we have been problem-free. However, we do our best to help each other out, to provide support and to share - in a constructive way - what our issues are or have been. Our purpose here is not to discourage anyone from purchasing a Keystone but rather to share, to contribute and to help. If your intention is to tell people to stay away from Keystone products, say it and say it once. We will get your point and there will be no need to repeat yourself.
As a start, I would find an appropriate category to place your list of remaining problems, let us know what steps you have taken to correct them, and if interested, ask for some suggestions on how best to fix some of these issues.
Please do not place your list in this New Member Welcome section.
Thank you.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
antiqfreq

Welcome to the forum,

and as was mentioned above we would love to help you with your situation if we can but since we in no way are affiliated with Keystone we can't help with getting Keystone or your dealer to fix your problems.

If you need suggestions on how to repair, or replace something, I am sure a lot of members here will be more than happy to assist in any way they can.

We are not here to bash the product we have chosen to buy, only to help newbies with camping and RV questions or to make suggestions to you should you request help.

We look foward to hearing from you in the future.

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Well stated responses. I'm sure everyone on the forum will appreciate what you've said.

Bob_B, We're all ready to help by offering experiences and suggestions on how to make even a problematic RV better and more enjoyable.

Welcome to KeystoneRV, tell us about yourself and let us know how we can help you.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
Rowdy51

Welcome

Excellent site with lots of help. I have not had any problems with my 312BH but have learned alot of neat tips from folks here. Post your specific problem (s) or questions and I'm sure you will get helpful answers.

Safe travels,
Tom
08 White Diamond Avalanche LTZ
11 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ, Duramax
Rowdy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
Outbackmel

Problematic RV

Visit a major RV show, select something new and trade that sucker in !!
Problem solved.

Since you stated you do not travel because of fuel and other costs; I am sure you can find a place within a reasonable distance from your home that offers space and amenities at an annual rate basis. Perhaps another manufacturer has a unit which is more in tune with your newer plans.

Change can be good. I do not forsee any confidence in your ever accepting your present RV.

I took monetary baths on boats in my past just to move forward. Sometimes you have to bite your tongue; dig in your wallet and move on.

Wish you all the best in whatever choices you make. Just do something or you will always have doubt with Keystone.

There are many of us who enjoy our RV and take repairs in stride. Some are, unfortuately, beyond that.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote