Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2018, 07:01 AM   #1
tundrwd

Roof leak - grrrrrr!

Went out this weekend to constant rain for nearly 18 hours (wasn’t supposed to be THAT much...)

Anyway, found the roof leaking last night in the front of my 2016 Bullet 274BHS. Got out this morning to find the source. Appears to be some silicone that cane off a screw head in the trim that covers the gap where the front cap meets the roof. Still too wet to do anything with, and I need to get some Dicor this week.

Anyone know if the roof is EPDM or TPO? I can take a vent off inside to see what the material is, but if it’s definitely EPDM, then I know what to get at the dealer.

I’m also thinking of removing all the silicone (kinda cool here thus weekend, so it might just be real stiff caulk, but it was clear - now browned with sun and dirt) and going over it all with appropriate caulk.
tundrwd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, roof