Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #41
gkainz

I've never heard of cathead biscuits (from the first post) so had to google it ... Paula's boys have a recipe here that sounds just about perfect.
Cathead biscuits and Sawmill gravy ... with a name like that, it's gotta be good!
http://thedeenbros.com/index.php/rec...sawmill_gravy/
gkainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #42
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkainz View Post
I've never heard of cathead biscuits (from the first post) so had to google it ... Paula's boys have a recipe here that sounds just about perfect.
Cathead biscuits and Sawmill gravy ... with a name like that, it's gotta be good!
http://thedeenbros.com/index.php/rec...sawmill_gravy/
Cathead biscuits are good with just about any gravy

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #43
fla-gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Well the same ol thing, bacon, sausage, eggs, hash browns, pancakes, waffles, French toast, dang am I hungry now
All of the above plus ham and the breakfast wonder food; Grits! Not necessarily all at the same time and in no particular order.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #44
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla-gypsy View Post
All of the above plus ham and the breakfast wonder food; Grits! Not necessarily all at the same time and in no particular order.
Y'all want grits with at????? Wish I had a dollar for every time I heard that.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #45
davidjsimons

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
Y'all want grits with at????? Wish I had a dollar for every time I heard that.
I have a freezer full. I get them stone ground at a local mill here in Virginia.

2013 Cougar 28 RBS
2012 Ram 3500 Dually
6.7 Cummins H.O.
4.10 rears.
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #46
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
Seems like we all enjoy the heart healthy breakfast. I like biscuits and gravy the best but I am a fanatic of any breakfast that includes bacon and/or sausage.
Copious amounts of coffee? Lots of Bacon? Ham? Hashed Browns? Sausages? Gravy? Vodka? Baileys? Fried Eggs? The "heart healthy" breakfast? Hardly ...just ask your heart!

As a previous poster stated..."Who wants to die healthy anyway?" At least this guy does! Thank goodness we eat healthier when we don't go RVing......or do we?
Old 11-06-2013, 03:33 AM   #47
crash

Like the old saying(Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave saftley in a well preserved body,But rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out,SHOUTING "HOLY CRAP" ...What a ride that was.)
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:48 AM   #48
fla-gypsy

What we cannot ever know is how much longer, if any, we may have lived if we did all the things we are told we should do. In addition, the things we should do seems to change every few years anyway and contradicts what we were told before which makes me very skeptical that any of it is based on real science or fact. Considering how painful and degrading the last few years of life are for the very aged I am not certain living as long as possible is a goal I share. I much prefer to live now, serve my God, and enjoy life in a reasonable way and not be concerned with how many days I have left.

My many years of experience and observation tells me when we will expire is controlled much more by genetics than a moderate diet of life's pleasure foods. Thats not to imply if a problem arises I will not modify my behavior to keep enjoying life, but I have no interest in seeing just how long I can survive at any cost to the pleasure that comes when we embrace what has been given to us to enjoy. Remember we are all dying, one day at a time!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:35 AM   #49
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Copious amounts of coffee? Lots of Bacon? Ham? Hashed Browns? Sausages? Gravy? Vodka? Baileys? Fried Eggs? The "heart healthy" breakfast? Hardly ...just ask your heart!

As a previous poster stated..."Who wants to die healthy anyway?" At least this guy does! Thank goodness we eat healthier when we don't go RVing......or do we?
A note to myself:
"Don't be a party pooper, Festus2. You're spoiling all the fun! Now, be a good boy and go eat your yogurt and fruit."
Old 11-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #50
suza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
A note to myself:
"Don't be a party pooper, Festus2. You're spoiling all the fun! Now, be a good boy and go eat your yogurt and fruit."
There's nothing wrong with yogurt, especially the frozen variety Next best thing to ice cream!
Bridge, OR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2014 Cougar 279RKS
2013 F-350 Super Duty Powerstroke 4WD LB CC

https://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/...ps78607eca.jpg
suza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #51
SAABDOCTOR

AS long as the coffee isn't decaf, that's like taking a shower with a raincoat on
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #52
Steve S

Peach ciders, bacon, eggs and waffles this cold morning
Steve S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #53
hankpage
Site Team

Okay, this may be a little off topic but I thought it might fit in. In case you haven't heard, bacon is not only for breakfast any more.......
“J&D’s POWER BACON™ Deodorant For When You Sweat Like A Pig. POWER BACON is the Meaty Fresh evolution of J&D’s meat flavored and scented health and beauty products division. Designed specifically for people with active lifestyles, POWER BACON provides 24 hours of Bacon Scent. For all day meat scented protection apply liberally. Do not eat, leave exposed to sunlight or explore the wilderness without a firearm(s)
I thought the do not "explore the wilderness without a firearm" was a nice touch. Now you can enjoy the smell of breakfast cooking all day long.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #54
CHIEF MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
crock pot:take a layer of hashbrowns in crock pot,put diced cooked ham,layer of cheese,layer of cooked crumbed sausage,layer of hashbrowns repeat all layers,pour 12 beaten eggs over everything and put on low at 10pm and you will have breakfast when you wake up .yummyand cannt for get the bloody marys made with my jalapeno infuse vodka
I made this on Christmas Eve before we went to bed, so the crew could get up and have breakfast. It was great, everybody loved it. I will definitely make it again. next time however I won't forget to spray the bottom of the crockpot with Pam.
CHIEF MK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:01 PM   #55
Yak

Sometimes oatmeal, other times trail mix and on rare occasions Spam and eggs!
Old 01-05-2014, 05:08 AM   #56
PT RV`er

I like a fried egg sammich with bacon and cheese on grill toasted bread along with a cup of Joe with a splash of Pyratt rum and milk. That's a perfect breakfast before hopping in the boat to slay the trout. The wife will eat a grain cereal with yogurt and blueberries.

PT RV`er is offline   Reply With Quote