Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
Alanped

Outback 210RS - Slide question

We just got an Outback 210RS but have one question I forgot to ask and thought I would check here until I can get a hold of Keystone.

Since the slide is for the bed, can you still climb on the bed with the slide in to load the cabinets above the bed? The way it is designed and the rails in the ceiling I would think it is ok but wanted to check and see if anyone who had one knows.

Thanks
Alanped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #2
ZanMan

We just picked up our 230RS which I believe is identical in terms of slide and I asked the same question at the dealer and they said it was fine and that it would handle the same amount of weight..but...I am sure this is completely wrong information. The manual states no weight should be put on the bed and I believe other members of this forum have even suggested a method of supporting the bed during transport.
One of my projects is to build an adjustable bed support for the front of the bed.
ZanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
Alanped

Thanks ZanMan, good luck with the project and would love to see what you come up with.
Alanped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

I am not sure how your bedroom slide is constructed, but there is a caution/warning regarding the slide in our Cougar. It is a couch-kitchen table slide and the caution is not to sit or walk on the slide floor when it is retracted. The two slides are not built the same way so the caution that applies to our slide may not be applicable to yours.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #5
ZanMan

This isn't the thread I was thinking of but it still has some ideas
http://www.outbackers.com/forums/ind...howtopic=32550
ZanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #6
ftwildernessguy

No weight should be put on the bed when the slide is closed. This includes luggage, no matter how tempting it may be to load it up with suitcases before travel. I made a simple support out of 2x6's and a scissors jack which is in place to stabilize the slide during travel. My 210rs is a 2009 and I have had no issues with the upper rails coming loose.
ftwildernessguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
210rs