Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
geroman

Kink in my bullet's nose

A "kink" has appeared in the fiberglass of my new 284RLS bumper pull. It's a horizontal line, not huge but obvious in my rear-view, and seems to line up with the upper-front cross bar of the pass through storage.
The dealer's service writer said the kink should not be considered an issue in an ultralight trailer, an expected result of light weight fiberglass being laid over the aluminum pass through frame.
Even if it's not a structural issue I'm concerned a future buyer would run from it as a sign of trouble. Anyone else seen this kind of thing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kink2.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	3029  
geroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
BulletOwner1

Hi Geroman,

Looks like we are both very new to this site, welcome.

Incidentally I too have a 284RLS. Mine is a 2012. Bought it used last month.

IMHO your wrinkle is a defect. Mine does not have it and it's over a year old. True, I don't think it's structural but like you say, when you go to sell it it will be noticed. You can bet that if you took it to your dealer to trade it would be an issue. Good luck getting it fixed. I really think it would be a warranty issue.
BulletOwner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #3
GaryWT

I have seen things light this before on fronts like the bullet. My North Trail had a few wrinkles in the front almost looked like wind damage from being towed. When I traded it in they actually put a new skin on the front. You should go further up the chain to get it fixed.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
geroman

Kink in my bullet's nose

Guess I'll give Ancira RV another chance to take me seriously, then run it up the flagpole as needed. Thanks to both of you.
geroman is offline   Reply With Quote