Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Freeways & Byways
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2018, 05:31 PM   #11
laidback

Much better than I-95.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:22 AM   #12
ken56

Show me an interstate that ISN'T full of trucks and beat up. Going around Birmingham I thought I was going to lose a tire and wheel. I-95 I felt like Evel Kinevil being launched off every joint on every bridge. I-94 in MI you could walk across the trucks all the way to Chicago. I-40 is like Daytona speedway. That is why I try to stay off interstates and use secondary roads. Much nicer, much safer although somewhat slower. Lots more to see.

ken56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:49 AM   #13
flybouy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Kay View Post
It can be difficult sharing the road with 18 wheelers but on the flip side, we are blessed they are out there delivering the goods to the stores. I have never seen a landing strip or railroad at Walmart or any other retail store. I enjoy giving the truckers a break when I'm traveling over the interstates. Happy trails.
I hold the state accountable for the condition of the roads. I 81 is a major thoroughfare for the Virginia "Inland Port" and given the amount of tax dollars paid by drivers and transportation companies the state should invest that money back into the road system. I've been thinking of installing a bull rope in the seats to help with the ride.
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2018, 11:07 AM   #14
Old Mustanger

Been traveling I30, I40 & I81 from Dallas to Maryland at least 2 times a year for 35 years, last 10 with either a TT or 5th wheeler. If you think I81 is bad (and I'm not saying it isn't), drive I30 thru Arkansas, you can get seasick on that one.
2015 F250
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:51 PM   #15
Ccrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Took I 81 from from Winchester, VA to Dollywood in TN. From Front Royal south it was unbelievably beat up from trucks. I have driven all over the US for the last 58 years and this was the first time I have seen a black top road with 4 ruts in each lane. The road was rutted to about 4" deep in rows of two (from the duallys on the 18 wheelers) and was maddening to drive.
Sorry, I live just off 81 in Winchester, just north of Front royal and I call BS on this description. If we go just about anywhere we pretty much have to drive on it so we know every mile of it well. I'll agree it's a heavily travelled road and it could certainly benefit from an additional lane, but I can think of a LOT worse roads than 81.
Ccrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:29 PM   #16
flybouy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccrew View Post
Sorry, I live just off 81 in Winchester, just north of Front royal and I call BS on this description. If we go just about anywhere we pretty much have to drive on it so we know every mile of it well. I'll agree it's a heavily travelled road and it could certainly benefit from an additional lane, but I can think of a LOT worse roads than 81.
Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibility, however, there was no embellishment in my description. Just my honest assessment of a ridiculously poorly maintained highway.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:24 PM   #17
Ccrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibility, however, there was no embellishment in my description. Just my honest assessment of a ridiculously poorly maintained highway.
No delicate sensibilities here, I just know overstatements when I see them when I live it every day. Like the Baltimore Beltway up your way is a wonderful road or something.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:39 PM   #18
JRTJH
Site Team

Gentlemen,

Please..... There's enough potholes to share without being greedy.... And, if by chance you happen to run out, come to Michigan, we've got more than we need......

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 04:01 PM   #19
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Gentlemen,

Please..... There's enough potholes to share without being greedy.... And, if by chance you happen to run out, come to Michigan, we've got more than we need......

Not yet! Come to Canada. Especially Northwestern Ontario.
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 05:42 PM   #20
Ccrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Gentlemen,

Naa, I bought my TT in Muskegon. I ran I-96 there and the way home. You win, hands down!