Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2018, 07:16 PM   #1
Opa

soft spot on edge of roof/water damage

I have a 2014 Keystone Springdale 267BH with a super slideout. Bought it in 2013. There is a soft spot on the roof above the dinette window. There is no obvious damage to the roof/membrane. Although the trim insert is cracked and will be replaced. I need to take it in for repair and I presume this repair will be expensive $$$. What am I looking for in a repair facility? Is there any chance this would be covered by Keystone? What can I do to protect it from further damage while waiting for repairs? (Short of parking it indoors) This is the first trip of the season. There was heavy rain last night while we were camping with the slide out. Water dripped on the dinette table. Today we searched for a cause. Can't believe my 5 year old trailer has roof issues. I don't see any damage to the membrane. What other deficiencies should I be looking for ?
Thanks for your help, Opa.
Opa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 07:32 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Opa, what have you done in the last several years to mitigate roof/sealing problems? A 5 yr old trailer, without meticulous attention, is going to have issues. Even if the trailer was kept inside, as ours is, you will have sealing issues unless you "groom" it all the time.

And no, Keystone is not going to assume responsibility for your roof sealing, 4-5 years later when it appears you haven't done much to do preventive maintenance. Sorry.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 02:44 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

As sourdough stated forget any warranty coverage. They will deny it if it's lees than a year old if it hasn't been maintained. As far the expense is concerned no one can tell you that without examining the unit. Water leaks can originate in one place and drip out several feet away so a look directly above may not reveal the origins of the water intrusions. Short of parking undercover you could tarp over the roof until repairs are made.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
damage, roof, water, water damage