Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
junglecat

Hello, Everyone

Just wanted to introduce ourselves. My husband and I are new to RVing. We just purchased a Bullet 246RBS and we pull it with a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer EXT. We picked it up yesterday and pulled it home about 93 miles and all went well. I admit I had been worried about our weight limits, but while close to our limits, we did fine. Does anyone know if the 246RBS have a manual override on the slide out mechanism? Just wondering.
junglecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:07 AM   #2
Handysam

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the Bullet. I'm not familiar with that particular model, but I'm fairly certain all slides have some type of manual override.

Hope you enjoy your new adventures!

Lauren
Old 06-10-2012, 04:59 AM   #3
seahunter

Hello

Welcome junglecat from another newbie!

You should have an override, check in your manuals for the exact location.

2013 Montana 3750FL

Level-Up, Dual Pane Windows, King Bed, 12' Refrigerator, 2nd A/C, Onan Generator, Central Vacuum, Electric Fireplace, Progressive EMS-HW50C, and Goodyear G614s.

2012 F-350

Crew Cab, DRW, 4X4, Autumn Red, Lariat Interior Package, Diesel, Camper Pkg, HD Alternator, Rapid-Heat Cab Heater, Engine Block Heater, Tough Bed bedliner, Reese Elite 25K, Skid Plate Package, TruXedo Lo Pro QT, RVND 7710 GPS, and TST TPMS.
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #4
Jim & Kay

Wecome Junglecat from the mountains of Virginia. Hope you have many miles of Happy Trails.

HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU
Jim, Kay, & Our Furry Kids
2012 Cougar HC 5er 291RLS aka "Rt 66 B&B"
2008 Toyota Tundra aka "The Hoss" 4X4 Limited DC 5.7 L
6 S Tranny w/TowHaul 4.30 RG 20" tires
Firestone Airbags w/compressor
16K Superglide hitch

Lovers of Route 66
Jim & Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

junglecat -
Hello and welcome. You may find some information regarding its location in a Lippert Manual which you'll probably have to download from the Internet. (www.lci1.com). Your Keystone manual may or may not have this info in it.
On some models, such as ours, the manual override is located underneath the unit. There is a small cut-out flap in the coroplast which is the "door" to the manual crank mechanism. On some others, it is found hidden away in a variety of places in the interior - under beds, closets, etc.
It's there - somewhere...........
Old 06-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
CampDestinations.com

Welcome Junglecat. You sure are pushing your limits with a trailblazer. Sure hope you fair well once you get your cargo loaded up. Use caution!

As for the slideouts, as already mentioned your manual should give you an idea where/how to manually slide them. When we bought our Keystone it also came with some attachments for a power drill that were included with the manual. If your dealer gave you packet of paperwork, look in there to see if you have anything like that. Not sure if Bullets have the need for those. Apparently our Passport does.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #7
dtas

Welcome junglecat--you must have an override some place. Some of the fun is to search out all the systems. But, some one here will have the same unit and will be able to tell you exactly where it is located. On mine, I have to remove a panel underneath to access the override. Good luck!!!

Me-Danny
DW-Lynn
BigDog-Kelley
LittleDog-Kroozer
LittleCat-Dottie
NewCat-Billie
'98DodgeRam1500/ClubCab/4X4
'14Springdale202QBWE
dtas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #8
junglecat

Re: manual over ride for slide out

Thanks for all the feedback; you have all been very helpful. It seems my dealer did not give me anywhere near all the manuals or guides I should hav; only have about 4. After reading my Keystone maual, and wherever it says to refer to the documentation that came with my unit, I am up to about 19 systems/components that I don't have any documentation on. Going to contact them tomorrow and hope they can come up with them. No attachment either to do the manual over ride.
junglecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #9
seahunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglecat View Post
Thanks for all the feedback; you have all been very helpful. It seems my dealer did not give me anywhere near all the manuals or guides I should hav; only have about 4. After reading my Keystone maual, and wherever it says to refer to the documentation that came with my unit, I am up to about 19 systems/components that I don't have any documentation on. Going to contact them tomorrow and hope they can come up with them. No attachment either to do the manual over ride.
If that is a brand new unit, be sure to search for the manuals - they can be in some really weird places - oven, frig, freezer, cabinets, in chairs, etc. wherever they find a spot they think they won't get "lost". I think it is actually some sort of game to find them

2013 Montana 3750FL

Level-Up, Dual Pane Windows, King Bed, 12' Refrigerator, 2nd A/C, Onan Generator, Central Vacuum, Electric Fireplace, Progressive EMS-HW50C, and Goodyear G614s.

2012 F-350

Crew Cab, DRW, 4X4, Autumn Red, Lariat Interior Package, Diesel, Camper Pkg, HD Alternator, Rapid-Heat Cab Heater, Engine Block Heater, Tough Bed bedliner, Reese Elite 25K, Skid Plate Package, TruXedo Lo Pro QT, RVND 7710 GPS, and TST TPMS.
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #10
mtbkrdan

Hopefully all went well. There should be a manual crank handle similar to a manual override for a power tongue jack.
mtbkrdan is offline   Reply With Quote