Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2017, 01:09 PM   #1
dpankowski

336 BHS Galley tank doesn't drain

Hello,

We took our first trip in our new Cougar 336BHS. It was around 600 miles round trip and we had no problems.

During our stay I left the galley tank valve closed because I didn't have two sewer hoses, and didn't want to switch hoses all the time. So when we packing up I drained the grey and the Blank tanks, the only problem there was the stickers on the valve were backwards, the grey sticker drained the black and the black sticker drained the grey tank, no biggie.

When I opened up the galley tank valve, nothing came out, but a little bit from the outdoor kitchen. Not even a little trickle. Am I missing something or is there a problem with the coach?

The other problem was when I flushed the black tank, water squirted up a vent tube underneath the bathroom sink.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
dpankowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:22 PM   #2
Cabindweller

Hello. The galley tank drains out of the same outlet as the black and grey tanks. The valve handle is under the coach, near where the plumbing comes out of the underbelly. If you are talking about the rear drain (which it sounds like as you mentioned moving your hose or using two), that is the outdoor sink only. No other tanks drain there.

2017 F350 SuperDuty - Lariat, Crew Cab, PowerStroke, SRW, 4x4
Cabindweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:34 PM   #3
dpankowski

Oh really, they didn't mention that when we did the walk through. Yes I opened up the one between the two slides. I'll take another look underneath. Thought I figured everything out.

Thank you
Old 03-23-2017, 03:15 PM   #4
Cabindweller

Yep. That should solve it.

Otherwise, how do you like the 336BHS? We really like our's. We've spent over 50 nights in it since we bought it last March. We're leaving tomorrow with it and heading to the beach for about 10 days. Looking forward to a great trip!

2017 F350 SuperDuty - Lariat, Crew Cab, PowerStroke, SRW, 4x4
Cabindweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:40 PM   #5
Tom N OH

That's hard to believe. An RV dealership employee that has absolutely no knowledge of the product he's selling. Huh, who woulda thought? (sarcasm)

2017 F350 CC LB SRW 6.7
2015 Montana HC 305RL
Tom N OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:33 PM   #6
nellie1289

By the way your rear kitchen does not have a tank. It's just straight piped to the outside That's why you just get a trickle. The pipe will hold about 2 gallons then the sink will back up. There is an excellent 300 post 336bhs post in this forum. Take a look !!! Welcome to the club.
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:01 PM   #7
dpankowski

Thanks I found the valve.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:04 PM   #8
dpankowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabindweller View Post
Yep. That should solve it.

Otherwise, how do you like the 336BHS? We really like our's. We've spent over 50 nights in it since we bought it last March. We're leaving tomorrow with it and heading to the beach for about 10 days. Looking forward to a great trip!
We like ours too. The beach sounds fun, have a great time. This was our first trip so time will tell. We shopped around for a year and kept coming back to this one.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:19 PM   #9
dpankowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N OH View Post
That's hard to believe. An RV dealership employee that has absolutely no knowledge of the product he's selling. Huh, who woulda thought? (sarcasm)
I know right.

2011 Ford F-350 6.7SD Crew cab 8' box factory 5th Wheel hitch package
Old 03-24-2017, 05:25 PM   #10
dpankowski

Has anybody had the problem with the water flooding under the bathroom sink when flushing the black tank?

2011 Ford F-350 6.7SD Crew cab 8' box factory 5th Wheel hitch package
Old 03-24-2017, 05:56 PM   #11
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

If you were using the black tank flush and while it was on water was coming from under the bathroom sink that is were the black tank anti siphon valve is.located. Better check may be cracked. If not blown our completely water over winter may have cracked it. There was a recent post with pictures of this valve. Do I search, if I can find it quickly and add here
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 10:11 AM   #12
Num25Duke

Outdoor Kitchen Sink Drain

Just an FYI, my drain valve for my outdoor kitchen sink drain valve was covered up by the underbelly from the factory to where whenever i used the sink it would automatically drain on the ground or leak if the cap was on. Contacted Keystone and was told it was suppose to be that way, REALLY!?!?, took it to the dealer who found it and made an opening for it and added an extension to it. Great customer service Keystone, just play dumb 😒 Thank you dealer for doing the job right!!
Num25Duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, tank