Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
skagitstan

Greetings from Skagit County, WA

Hi folks,
My wife and I just made the plunge into a new Cougar 21RBSWE. We pick it up this coming Saturday.
We're coming from a 1996 Tioga Montara 23D, which didn't see all that much use. Mainly because we like being in the boonies, and the Tioga made it hard to set up a base camp and drive off to where no RV should normally go (but we sometimes did).

We're hoping the new TT, towed by our 1/2 ton '08 Silverado (4x4 w/ HD towing package) will make it that much easier to do this. At least it sounds good in theory ...

This is the first time we'll have pulled an RV instead of driving it, so I'm sure we'll have questions, observations, and reportable pucker moments.

The first things we plan to get for the unit will be a good hitch system...leaning towards a Hensley Cub (on special for a while) and a Honda 2KW portable generator. Any comments on either of those will be most welcome!! . Hopefully most of the rest of start-out necessities will come from the old Tioga.
skagitstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
volvosweetie

to the forum. You will find warm and friendly people to help with your questions. They are always someone who seems to have an answer. Congrats on your first TT. Happy Camping and safe travels.

Ab & Pam
2006 Thor Grand Junction
2000 Ford F-450 dually Crew Cab
7.3 Diesel
volvosweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

skagitstan -
I'm sure you will enjoy being able to set up camp and then drive off in your truck to those places where RV's can't and don't go. Keep in mind however, now that you have something in tow, you may not be able to get into some of those places you once visited to set up camp. Driving into some of the sites with a Tioga Class C MH is a bit different than driving in with a TT and TV in that you will have a bit less flexibility. I think this will be offset by your increased ability to go exploring once there.
Welcome to the forum and hope to hear about your adventures in the North West with your new TT.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:55 AM   #4
SAABDOCTOR

BAH HUMBUG! Ok that's it for crabby! Just had to do it!enjoy your new tt. hope it will bring may great and happy adventures
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
Javi

Howdy...
Old 08-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
skagitstan

Thanks for the welcome, everyone
SAABDOCTOR...We're Malamute people too!
Currently, we have just one, Kya. But we've been owned by Mals for the last 22 years
Introducing Kya:
skagitstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #7
SAABDOCTOR

KYA Is a beautifull dog and i like the fact you admit they own you! sled dogs ha! mine ride in the sled i pull
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote