Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2019, 05:10 PM   #1
TrekkingTrooper15

Summerland 2020qb Owners

Just bought a keystone summerland 2020qb. I haven't done the walk through yet doing that here in the near future (couple of days). Is there anything in particular that I should look for. I know about having a PDI but is there anything in particular to this model that goes and needs looking at before we get it delivered?
TrekkingTrooper15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 05:29 PM   #2
meaz93*

I don't think the model has anything to do with it. Just do a detailed and thorough walk thru with your service tech....err salesperson.
Look at EVERYTHING. Fit and finish; window sliders, window & door seals, tires (make sure they are paired up to correct air specs and are holding pressure, check the battery voltage and that your tow vehicle is charging the battery when connected (service tech can check voltage coming out of your tow vehicles plug setup), check propane tanks, look underneath the trailer, etc...
You will still have a year dealership warranty to repair and or replace fit & finish items, scratches, etc...(not tires once it rolls off the lot).
Write down ALL areas of concern while doing the walk thru, make sure you get a copy.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190131_182026.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	20504
meaz93* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:16 PM   #3
PetesTrailer

I just purchased a 2018 2020QB the only issue so far was the divider at separates the hot water heater from the bay under the kitchen sink was way out of square. Laughable, but not a big deal. As its cold up here did not get to test out the AC. I did test the heater and it's great! The original mattress was terrible so used nice foam mattress from my old camper. It was slightly longer that the factory mattress but I will deal with that when it gets warm.
PetesTrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:40 AM   #4
Bisjoe

That trailer is the same as our 2017 202QBWE. First, look at and carefully feel the bottom edges of the cabinets on the sides of the queen bed. Ours were sharp, and could cut your arm in the night. I got matching woodgrained plastic trim at Home Depot and that helped a lot. We didn't notice that until after sleeping in it. With the awning extended, note that you can easily hit your head on the supports. I placed some yellow reflective vinyl rectangles on them which seems to help. Open and close the steps to make sure they operate smoothly. Ours came with a single, but we have since replaced it with a double since my wife and the grandkids found it too high. Check that all of the locks (two on door, and three outside storage operate smoothly.

Bisjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 03:12 PM   #5
PetesTrailer

So, took our 2018 2020QB out for it's first trip. Camped at Gettysburg. Had the opportunity to check everything out. The only issue so far is that USB power outlet is dead. I wish they would have just put in a 12V DC outlet. The water pump is very noisy. I owned a Jayco before this and it also had a noisy water pump but not this noisy. Items I have already added, flag pole holder on bumper (holds 22 foot fiberglass pole that I use for ham radio), TV and DVD (added DVD shelf above TV), shelves in cabinet next to refrigerator, bike rack on A frame over propane tanks. Things I plan for near future, weight distribution hitch, DC power meter, AC power meter. Any questions?
PetesTrailer is offline   Reply With Quote