Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2017, 08:46 PM   #1
CaptnJohn

High Country 370 BR ~~

Anyone have a 2017 370 BR? Good. bad, ugly? It seems nearly all have problems with the large blinds.
What are you towing with?
Strongly considering trading my 2016 Cougar 303rls.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:44 AM   #2
scottryden

I do not have the 370BR but I purchased a 2017 362RD we have had it out twice so far and have had a few minor trim issues which I fixed myself I also read about the blind issue so I have ran all the blinds up and down several times with no issues. Over all we are extremely happy with the rig so far. I would highly recommend buying a 1 ton truck to tow that rig. After doing a lot of research on tow ratings I purchased a 2015 F350 SRW diesel I also put air bags in and run 40psi on each side that keeps the truck sitting level when I am towing. Overall it goes down the road very well. I hope this helps.
scottryden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:02 AM   #3
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottryden View Post
I do not have the 370BR but I purchased a 2017 362RD we have had it out twice so far and have had a few minor trim issues which I fixed myself I also read about the blind issue so I have ran all the blinds up and down several times with no issues. Over all we are extremely happy with the rig so far. I would highly recommend buying a 1 ton truck to tow that rig. After doing a lot of research on tow ratings I purchased a 2015 F350 SRW diesel I also put air bags in and run 40psi on each side that keeps the truck sitting level when I am towing. Overall it goes down the road very well. I hope this helps.
PM sent... thanks

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
Old 06-13-2017, 02:51 PM   #4
jonnyaiks

We're picking ours up tomorrow. On Saturday the dealer had all the blinds taken down to make sure they're installed correctly, some other things too. it seems at least this rv dealer takes the pdi seriously. Can't wait to go out this weekend! ...and hoping stuff doesn't fall off.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
jonnyaiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:16 PM   #5
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyaiks View Post
We're picking ours up tomorrow. On Saturday the dealer had all the blinds taken down to make sure they're installed correctly, some other things too. it seems at least this rv dealer takes the pdi seriously. Can't wait to go out this weekend! ...and hoping stuff doesn't fall off.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
The blinds in my Cougar are much better. Before I went to pick it up the service mgr called and said they had ordered 3 replacements. They will not arrive until the 19th. I just brought it home, they will send someone out to put them in. Fishing tomorrow, company Thursday, will start loading Friday but that will take a few days. I'll add a 2nd battery and other mods before it goes anywhere.
Good luck and have fun this weekend~~ let me know how it goes by PM.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
Old 06-14-2017, 02:06 PM   #6
geobet

I had nothing but problems with two large (61") shades. Had one fail and my dealer sent me a replacement from Keystone. It was defective out of the carton. Rebuilt it using spare parts and it eventually failed as well. When the other shade failed again, I contacted Irving Shade and Door and they sent me replacement parts to repair. But, they sent the wrong parts....what the #@$%!!. So, long story short, replaced the crappy shades with Levelor light filtering shades. No problems at all plus they look fantastic and brighten up the interior.

Love the smell of fresh coffee & diesel in the morning!
geobet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 05:39 PM   #7
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobet View Post
I had nothing but problems with two large (61") shades. Had one fail and my dealer sent me a replacement from Keystone. It was defective out of the carton. Rebuilt it using spare parts and it eventually failed as well. When the other shade failed again, I contacted Irving Shade and Door and they sent me replacement parts to repair. But, they sent the wrong parts....what the #@$%!!. So, long story short, replaced the crappy shades with Levelor light filtering shades. No problems at all plus they look fantastic and brighten up the interior.

Agree, the shades in my Montana are far from the quality of those that were standard in my Cougar. I think those in the Cougar were by mdr and will probably replace with those. I'll let the dealer replace any that need it during the 1st year though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
Old 09-02-2017, 04:19 PM   #8
kenc1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
The blinds in my Cougar are much better. Before I went to pick it up the service mgr called and said they had ordered 3 replacements. They will not arrive until the 19th. I just brought it home, they will send someone out to put them in. Fishing tomorrow, company Thursday, will start loading Friday but that will take a few days. I'll add a 2nd battery and other mods before it goes anywhere.
Good luck and have fun this weekend~~ let me know how it goes by PM.
Hi CaptnJohn we just purchased a 2017 Montana high country 305RL it only has one battery trying to get different opinions on wether or not to install a second battery . Would be interested in hearing what mods you are planning on doing. We a new to the 5th wheel work had a MH preciously.

Thanks
Ken
kenc1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 04:45 PM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenc1325 View Post
Hi CaptnJohn we just purchased a 2017 Montana high country 305RL it only has one battery trying to get different opinions on wether or not to install a second battery . Would be interested in hearing what mods you are planning on doing. We a new to the 5th wheel work had a MH preciously.

Thanks
Ken

I can't speak to the mods CaptnJohn made but the best place to find answers about your battery questions is to use the search function. Just put batteries in search and you will find all kinds of information. Whether to use 2 batteries, what size/type has been discussed extensively, and yes, IMO you definitely need 2 batteries. Good luck. If you don't find what you need you might start a new thread with your battery question in the appropriate forum.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 05:05 PM   #10
CaptnJohn

High Country 370 BR ~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenc1325 View Post

Thanks

Ken

Hi Ken, I have the HC 370br, the same floor plan but in the HC. I put in the 2nd battery and cutoff switch. With the number of slides (and size), the amount of space to heat, lights, and all it seems required imo. Battery, switch, and cable is about $170.
Sailun S637 tires, slide toppers, TST 507, propane tank level monitor, and some that slip my mind already.
I used 27 batteries, deep by West Marine as the dealer had 24. He ran to WM as I would not accept less.
John

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
Old 09-02-2017, 05:17 PM   #11
Javi

Quote:
Hi Ken, I have the HC 370br, the same floor plan but in the HC. I put in the 2nd battery and cutoff switch. With the number of slides (and size), the amount of space to heat, lights, and all it seems required imo. Battery, switch, and cable is about $170.
Sailun S637 tires, slide toppers, TST 507, propane tank level monitor, and some that slip my mind already.
I used 27 batteries, deep by West Marine as the dealer had 24. He ran to WM as I would not accept less.
John

IMO there is no valid reason to have more than one battery if you will never boondock... I don't... can't see any circumstance where I ever would and so I only have one battery... And yes when the OEM series 24 battery craps out I will probably replace it with a 27 series...
Old 09-02-2017, 05:22 PM   #12
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
IMO there is no valid reason to have more than one battery if you will never boondock... I don't... can't see any circumstance where I ever would and so I only have one battery... And yes when the OEM series 24 battery craps out I will probably replace it with a 27 series...

Even with a real battery kill switch they lose charge when sitting a while. Not one to moan when getting ready to leave after the 5er sits a while and slides / landing gear do not want to work as they should. Besides, once a snow hit on my way to Fl from NC in GA and I spent a night plus in a rest stop. Doubt 1 battery would have kept the lights and furnace going that long as it was damn cold.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
Old 09-02-2017, 05:30 PM   #13
Javi

Quote:
Even with a real battery kill switch they lose charge when sitting a while. Not one to moan when getting ready to leave after the 5er sits a while and slides / landing gear do not want to work as they should. Besides, once a snow hit on my way to Fl from NC in GA and I spent a night plus in a rest stop. Doubt 1 battery would have kept the lights and furnace going that long as it was damn cold.

I understand... I keep mine plugged in while stored... and most likely will never leave Texas at a time where a snow storm will hit.. But I did spend a very cold night in my pickup cab on top of Berthoud Pass in a snow storm.... in July
Old 09-02-2017, 05:32 PM   #14
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
I understand... I keep mine plugged in while stored... and most likely will never leave Texas at a time where a snow storm will hit.. But I did spend a very cold night in my pickup cab on top of Berthoud Pass in a snow storm.... in July

I did not plan to go in snow, it was expected to be cold and dry. I don't haul a generator so 2 batteries makes sense to me. Cheap insurance for the unknown and unexpected.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW