Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2018, 04:36 PM   #1
daveinaz

Slide out seals for 2008 Montana 3400RL

Can someone please tell me which type of seals to order for the slideouts on our newly purchased 2008 Montana 3400RL? I know there is what appears to be a flat wiper seal? on the outside top and sides of the slideouts. Then there is a seal that appears to go into a channel behind the edge of the slide outs. And I think there are other seals on the face of the trailer as well as inside. I'm planning to just replace them all so I know they are all good. I went to a couple of websites that sold seals but was not sure what was what.

So if anyone could please post links to which seals I need to get for each location that would be great.

Thank you.

David
daveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:05 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

You'll probably find what you're looking for on this link: http://www.trekwood.com/parts-search...23+%2F+Keyword

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:41 PM   #3
bobbecky

Flap seal—
Seal-Wiper-Offset TPE-Clipon. SKU 186522
$3.1352/ foot

Bulb seal—
Seal-Bulb-Extruded-Slidein-Black &Gray-Thick wall
SKU 313327. $1.5392/ foot

I just purchased some of each from Trekwood. Those prices don’t include shipping, and they are pretty quick getting things shipped. I’ve been very happy with their service.

Good luck with your replacements. I replaced all the horizontal seals on our four slides a couple years ago, wiper seals and bulb seals, and it took less than two hours. A sharp knife and a good diagonal cutter to cut through the metal spring part of the wiper seal is needed. The wiper seals have a screw at either end of the seals. The bulb seals will require you to remove the plastic corner pieces to remove and insert the bulb seals.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 08:34 AM   #4
daveinaz

The bulb seal is the same on all sides of the slider correct? But the top wiper is wider than the wiper seals on the sides?

I called the dealer to see what they'd charge and they said 4 hours per slide at $130 an hour. Hmm, that's $520 a slide or $2080 just in labor for all four slides.... Yeah, I think I'll do it myself!!

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:45 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinaz View Post
The bulb seal is the same on all sides of the slider correct? But the top wiper is wider than the wiper seals on the sides?

I called the dealer to see what they'd charge and they said 4 hours per slide at $130 an hour. Hmm, that's $520 a slide or $2080 just in labor for all four slides.... Yeah, I think I'll do it myself!!

Thanks.
YIKES !!!!! $2000 to change out the slide wiper seals ???? Can't call it "highway robbery" but sure can call it "RV overcharging".... I'd agree completely with you, it's definitely a "do it yourself" job at those prices !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:27 AM   #6
daveinaz

are those seals you listed used on the sides as well? Thanks.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:03 PM   #7
bobbecky

The bulb and flap seals are the same for the tops and the sides of the slides. The side flap seals have one screw installed at the bottom and the top flap seals have a screw at each end. The bulb seals do not use screws to hold them in, but the screws that hold the plastic corner pieces on the corners of the slides retain the bulb seals, so the corners need to be removed to change the bulb seals. It is best to install the side flap seal before installing the top flap seal due to having to slide the seal up behind where the top seal goes. Several years ago, I had to replace all the top flap and bulb seals, and it took me about 1 1/2 hours by myself, first time doing it. I found using a good diagonal wire cutter worked well for cutting through the wire coil molded in the thick part of the flap seal, and then just an ordinary utility knife for cutting the rest of the way.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:56 PM   #8
daveinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
The bulb and flap seals are the same for the tops and the sides of the slides. The side flap seals have one screw installed at the bottom and the top flap seals have a screw at each end. The bulb seals do not use screws to hold them in, but the screws that hold the plastic corner pieces on the corners of the slides retain the bulb seals, so the corners need to be removed to change the bulb seals. It is best to install the side flap seal before installing the top flap seal due to having to slide the seal up behind where the top seal goes. Several years ago, I had to replace all the top flap and bulb seals, and it took me about 1 1/2 hours by myself, first time doing it. I found using a good diagonal wire cutter worked well for cutting through the wire coil molded in the thick part of the flap seal, and then just an ordinary utility knife for cutting the rest of the way.
are these the same for the bottom too?

and are these the same ones that you're talking about?
http://www.trekwood.com/products/145...lip-On-1225-Bx

http://www.trekwood.com/products/145...ed-TPE-1000-Bx

thanks!

Tags
montana, slide, slide out